What's new

If you cant find em, buy em

Jack_MIghtyheart

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
420
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can't find 'em, buy 'em

Haven't been finding any silver lately, so I decided to do what seems to be common and buy some. A friend sold me a couple Morgan dollars and a Peace dollar from a collection he inherited. Got a '21 and '21 D Morgan and a '26 S Peace dollar for 30 bucks. I said I'd give him 10x face and he agreed, we were both happy with the deal.
 

Attachments

  • Dollars.webp
    Dollars.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0
Re: If you can't find 'em, buy 'em

wow thats a good deal....i didnt do too bad either the other day ....a co-worker sold me his extra morgans...i got 13 of them for $12 apiece...and all are xf to au.... ;D
 
Re: If you can't find 'em, buy 'em

Beautiful coins.. especially the Morgans. I LOVE the looks of those beauties.

Nice work on your purchases you two!

~Dave
 
Re: If you can't find 'em, buy 'em

BBcardsRI said:
Beautiful coins.. especially the Morgans. I LOVE the looks of those beauties.

Nice work on your purchases you two!

~Dave

Yeah, Morgans are GORGEOUS coins. Those are the first two that I've bought, but I now I think I might get some more. It would be nice to have a collection I can pass on to my future children some day.
 
Re: If you can't find 'em, buy 'em

Ju8vP3t said:
Very good........$1 over melt for Morgans and Peace dollars....very good
I wonder if melt value means anything now, I just paid $1.20 ea for 100 mercs off Ebay, thats 40% over melt. Coin dealer is selling them for $2.50, average dates. AMC
 
Re: If you can't find 'em, buy 'em

AMC rulz said:
Ju8vP3t said:
Very good........$1 over melt for Morgans and Peace dollars....very good
I wonder if melt value means anything now, I just paid $1.20 ea for 100 mercs off Ebay, thats 40% over melt. Coin dealer is selling them for $2.50, average dates. AMC

I agree, the price of physical silver and the price of paper silver are quite different right now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom