I've sat here and almost gone blind looking at this book of marks I have.To say the least there are alot of those marks that are very close.
So here is what I can add to this.
Many companies in England,the U.S.,and Europe used the British Royal Arms or a close version as a back stamp.The arms included an oval central area with a lion on one side and a unicorn on other.The oval shield was divided into quadrants after 1837.Before that time the shield had an extra oval or shield-shaped design in the center.From 1801 to 1814 the mark included a cap over the shield.From 1814 to 1837 the cap was changed to a crown.The marks used outside England often made minor changes.Many firms used human figures,birds,or other types of animals.Because the wares from England were considered the best available,it was good business to try to look british.Design,shape,and even the marks were deliberatly misleading.A small print mark,often blurred,could easily be misread.
The Royal Arms mark was so popular it was used by dozens of factories and it is impossible to give an all-inclusive listing here.