What's new

~ikes~

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
4,386
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
went to my bank to pick up my order of halves, and they offered me $75.00 in ikes! bought 'em all! i save ikes even if they are not silver, which none of them were, but i love ikes in general, so it was a sweet score for me! i was thinking this could be a thread for all of u guys' ike finds. (including non-silver ones, just ikes in general)
also, post what the largest amount of ikes u've found at one time is, if u feel comfortable doing so!
thanks for looking!
keep it up and hh!
 
Upvote 0
Ive gotten 700 of them this year give or take a few. I always take them because it keeps the tellers happy. Ive never found any large dollar coins with silver. Ive sold all of mine except about 80 or so.
 
I'm with JD on this one, I only take them to keep the tellers happy. In Total I've probably picked up 100,of which one was silver.
HH
Rich
 
I will often grab them. I picked up $150 just last week with nothing of interest found. They were in great condition and I probably could have made a few bucks if I wanted to bother with ebay. I just spent a few and dumped the rest at one of my dump banks. They are easy to check and fun to spend in small quantities. I've pulled a dozen silvers over the years with most coming from one lucky day. I finally broke down and bought a 1973 mint set to complete my Ike folder. There are lots of varieties out there and I think they have potential in the long term. There are millions of them just sitting in the fed vaults but they just won't release them and I've never talked a bank into ordering them.

Maine_Jim
 
My largest pick-up was $268. Found my only 1972-type 2 in the pile. Never found a silver Ike or silver dollar (morgan or peace). Deposited back $300 once. Sold $200 to a flea market guy for $1.15 each. Spent a lot on parking, fast food, or toll.
 
I get a lot of them here in my area. Many that I have gotten are in Unc. shape and I've kept a roll of every year. The scratched up ones I give out as tips to waiters and waitresses where I eat and they love them. Only gotten one silver one though.
rileyboy
 
I have a bank that orders me 100$ in Ikes every quarter. I have found 3 "s" mints with 2 of them being silver. As I posted the other day if any of you are lucky or unlucky enough to hit the bank were I just unloaded 834 of them I bet that would be the most found at a bank at one time.
GL and HH,
Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom