I'll Be Taking a Trip to Miami and The Keys In May.. Advice Anyone?

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a long time since I've gone to Florida and even longer to the Keys. The family and I will be there mid May. Probably won't have too much time to detect but my Nox IS a memeber of the family.. lol. I'm not a beach hunter. Only detected the beach 2 times. Any advice from the pros out there is appreciated. I'm not expecting to find gold or pirate treasure. If anyone in the area(s) is willing to meet up send me a message. Glad to finally be swinging again up here. Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the dry, Park 1, horseshoe on, Recovery Speed at 3, Iron Bias F2@6, 50 tone if you can stand it, Sensitivity as high as you can get it and remain stable, BIG coil if you have one. In the wet, Beach 2, same settings as dry sand except for the Iron Bias, which you can usually turn down to 0 if you're not running across lots of bottle caps. If you get some chatter in the water, you may have to raise the Recovery Speed and/or lower the Sensitivity slightly to get rid of that. If you're getting absolutely no signals in the dry and are really bored, try using the Gold 1 mode. That will usually wake the machine up! Also, the usual beach advice......good water shoes, pouch, brimmed hat with a neck guard, sunscreen, drinking water, good scoop, sunglasses, gloves, etc.......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread