Illinois CRH for March 2009

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Tell Keith I said howdy. You're in good company for the Minelab experience!

I opened one of my halves boxes last night... got a skunker. Actually there was one 2004-p in there, whooopeee! The other halves box is the same date so I skipped the heartbreak and went to dimes.

Opened one box of dimes and found a single 1947-d. The other 3 dime boxes have a different date on them than this first one so let's hope they have something good.

FYI, this is the Illinois Board, which includes CRH (if done in IL).

My First Walker!

Opened 4 boxes of halves and 4 boxes of dimes over the last few days. I was pretty bored tonight and opened the last box of dimes, and then two boxes of halves. The last box of dimes was good producing a merc and 2 rosies. Second to last box of halves had only 2 90% coins, but hey I'll take em! The last box of halves had 10 40% coins, and 2 90% coins... one being my first walker! and it was right on top :D

030809_1.jpg

030809_2.jpg

030809_3.jpg

030809_4.jpg

030809_5.jpg

Totals
15 - 40% halves
4 - 90% halves (1 is my first walker, 1943-s)
4 - Rosies
1 - Merc (1928)

Awesome job bud!!!! Bout damn time, I was wondering when you were gonna pull a Walker!!!!! :tongue3: I have only found 1 pre Kennedy on end (Franklin), but it was on the bottom side and I didn't know it until I emptied the roll into my hand. I would of loved to get a pix of it.

I have been under the weather this past 2 weeks and haven't CRH much, but I did 2 boxes of dimes & 2 boxes of pennies this month. I got 4 Rosie's & 18 Wheaties. I have 10 boxes of half's coming at the end of the week so hopefully there will be some keepers to post. :thumbsup:

TreasureFiend said:
Awesome job bud!!!! Bout damn time, I was wondering when you were gonna pull a Walker!!!!! :tongue3: I have only found 1 pre Kennedy on end (Franklin), but it was on the bottom side and I didn't know it until I emptied the roll into my hand. I would of loved to get a pix of it.
Yeah I know... every box lately I'm thinking, "This has got to be the box for a walker, or barber...pleeeeease!"

Once I started seeing them on the end, I always pull them out of the box now and check the other side. Actually, when I'm not lazy I scan the open side, and then dump the whole box over on the floor or couch and check the other side.

TreasureFiend said:
I have been under the weather this past 2 weeks and haven't CRH much, but I did 2 boxes of dimes & 2 boxes of pennies this month. I got 4 Rosie's & 18 Wheaties. I have 10 boxes of half's coming at the end of the week so hopefully there will be some keepers to post. :thumbsup:

I noticed. Didn't know you were sick though... bounce back Fiend! My last 10 box run yielded 60 40%'ers. Hope you can top that :D

Brett said:
I noticed. Didn't know you were sick though... bounce back Fiend! My last 10 box run yielded 60 40%'ers. Hope you can top that :D

Oh no!!!!! The best that I have done was maybe 35 silver half's from 1 weeks 10 boxes. >:( :tongue3: Looks like I might have to go to Mo******ry to get my boxes... :tongue3: LOL

Well one of my banks already copped out with a $5 fee per box. Now don't mess with my honey hole bank because then they might start charging $5 a box and neither of us will be gettin' paid :tongue3:

I may have to sign up at Chase banks... they are everywhere and they don't charge you do they?

No fee, neither does TCF. I'm gonna go check out BOA, Charter One, & MB Bank and see what their deal is fee wise. They all have multiple branches around me.

Oh yeah, seeing a Walker on end would get me fired up!

Good going Brett!

Not much but at least I found some silver. :icon_pirat:
I also found what I think is my 1st bicentennial "S" clad half.
What do you think? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• IMG_2471.JPG
    IMG_2471.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_2471.JPG
    IMG_2471.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 358
Sure looks like an S to me. According to the '09 Redbook it has an interesting composition. .800 silver layers on the outsides and .200 silver core.
Nice finds!

Two boxes of halves tonight.

One box was a complete skunk, the other box yielded:

(2) 1964 - 90%
(2) 1967 - 40%
(3) 1968d - 40%
(1) 1969d - 40%
(1) 2005d - clad, but not made for circulation
(1) 2001p - clad, but not made for circulation

03192009.JPG

*sigh*, one box of halves, 1 40%. I haven't gotten a 90% in over a year now. Why do I bother :-[

At least I finally got a novelty gold plated one (worth 50 cents LOL).

plated_40_percent_halves.jpg

Yay, we've got a new poster :) Congrats on your silver OZ. The gold plated bicentennial is awexome too. How many boxes have you gone through since last year? Keep trying man, that dream box is just around the corner!!

Also, if you are not just hunting by edge, and sound of the coins clinking, I would suggest starting. It makes it sooo much more enjoyable and fast.

Did two boxes of halves tonight.

Got ( 4 ) 90% and ( 8 ) 40%.

Still going good over here :)

No pics... sorry.

Uh oh Kermit! I just jumped in the lead :) :) :)

LOL yea you did... >:( :tongue3:

I had to run to one of my pickup banks today on my lunch break, while I was there the vault teller said that he has 2 boxes of half's if I'm interested. This was cool because I didn't order them but the vault teller figured I was sick or something so he put in an order for me anyways. Well I only had the funds to get 1 box and I will get the other box after work once I dump my rejects. Well The 2nd to last roll had a nice silver edge, it was a 1968d. Hopefully the other box will have at least 1 keeper in it but I am not gonna get my hopes up. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back