What's new

Illinois find.

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
I set this out in the sun for about six months and the fossil portion retained its dark color and the rest faded. Good turn out IMO.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20140831_150044.webp
    ForumRunner_20140831_150044.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 145
  • ForumRunner_20140831_150104.webp
    ForumRunner_20140831_150104.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 132
  • ForumRunner_20140831_150146.webp
    ForumRunner_20140831_150146.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 132
My son and I were out relic/fossil hunting and we came across a cliff side that had quite a bit of freshly fallen rocks and I pulled that slab apart and some kind of plant life had fossilized in it.
It was so dark when I pulled it apart that I imagine most people wouldn't of even noticed it.
 
Not sure how much closer I can get without it getting fuzzy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom