What's new

I'm Back Digging Silver Coins Again After A 5 Month Layoff

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last hunt, July 7th, was nearly 5 months ago. It was 80th hunt for the year and my grand total for silver coins was setting at 217. After a long layoff I decided it was time to get back to detecting. I headed out early this morning to a 1952 home site with my Fisher F75-DST with a NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached. I managed to corner 3 Rosie Dimes, A Mercury Dime, a Token, 4 Wheat Pennies and some Clad Coins. It took me a little awhile to get the hang of ID numbers and audio tones again, before it became clear sailing. I plan on heading back out Sunday or Monday to do some more detecting.

This was my 81st hunt for the year and my grand total for silver coins for the year now stands at 221.

tabman

Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 003.webp Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 004.webp

Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 007.webp Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 010.webp

Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 011.webp Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 013.webp

Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 014.webp Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 016.webp

Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 020.webp Fisher F75 4 Silver Dimes 018.webp
 
Upvote 26
Welcome back.
 
Glad to see that you back digging and posting finds again Tabman. You are having a great hunt to silver ratio for the season.
 
That's a monstrous number of silver coins for the year. Congrats on getting back!
 
Nice job on the silver, keep going!
 
That's just crazy good silver sniffing!! Congrats on a great season!!
 
Thanks everyone! I had a really good time today. I was a little rusty starting out today but once I got rolling it all came back to me. I just needed a break from detecting. I may mix things up and get back to concentrating more on gold rings and less on silver coins to keep thing interesting.

tabman
 
Welcome back Tabman!....
5 months off?...hope all is well.
Geez, had you not taken a hiatus, your silver count would be what, like 700 or so?
You are a silver magnet my man.
 
That is some impressive totals, you must have some great sites! Congrats.
 
Congrats on the silver. Glad to hear that you are out swinging the coil again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom