Im back from Russia - highlights

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
I'm back from Russia - highlights

In order to continue to live legally in Germany I had to travel a bit (about 11 000 km) to Far East of Russia.

Not much history in that place, modern settlements started to grow only 140 years ago, so that I just had a fun on thr beaches which are very nice for detecting.

beach1.jpg

My first 20 minute hunt. Buckle is from USSR time, young children were called "pioneers" and had uniform with burning star.

2006-08-18.jpg

Another beach - 30 minutes, coins only.

2006-08-22.jpg

The first and the last attempt to detect in the forest. After 30 minutes moskitoes pressed me out of the forest, found some USSR money - 34 kopeks, it was about 50 US cents at that time.

2006-08-23.jpg

Another 30 minute beach hunt - not very interesting stuff_ again modern Russia

2006-08-24.jpg

Finally I decided to hunt a bit longer, this is result of 2 hours. About 90 coins, silver cross and gold wedding ring - my fist gold at all.

2006-09-04.jpg

After that hunt I decided the searching program is completed and switched to another activity. Fishing was my main hobby before MD'ing. This is not real fish, but we catch squids like fish during nights.

DSCF3835.jpg

Thanks for viewing and HH
Sand

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Re: I'm back from Russia - highlights

nahabit said:
монетки тамна пляже иностранные не идутчтоли ? чтото я смотрю тольконаши тугрики.....

Эти пляжи находятся в пограничной зоне, куда не каждого пустят, так что только русичи.

TENNESSEEGAL said:
I never knew they had such bright iridescent colors. Thanks for sharing. :)

They are really very nice when alive. When I take it from the water_ the first its action is to shoot with sea water in my face. Then it shoot with ink- so that I was almost completely black after fishing.

TENNESSEEGAL said:
I'm new by the way. ::::waving to everyone::: I'm Melissa, and I bet you all can't guess where I'm from. ;)

Welcome to the forum and HH

Sand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread