Im back to greet you!

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back to greet you!

Hi guys.:hello2:
How are you all doing? Everything ok?
I haven't been active for some time and i'm sure i have lost a lot of stuff here. I hope you have found golden rings or coins.
I heve been searching just a few times but i feel like a professional now :tongue3:. Loco Digger's signature 'Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time', Crusader's posts, info and everybodie's comments helped me a lot. In old times they used coins and nails but nowadays we use a lot of trash and to find the old coins becomes more difficult day after day. I've learned that first of all, when I go for searching I need to be calm, relaxed and listen very carefully to the sounds. Passing the coil more than twice over the target and searching the area from different angels helped me a lot. I'm posting some of my best findings from this week. The best was found today and i have no idea what it is. It looks very much like a Roman coin.

No Idea yet for this one

img178.jpgimg179.jpg

This one is an Italian coin. I had found before only the 1 Centesimi and they are very small and thin but this one is bigger and very thick. It gave me a 81 VDI.

img184.jpgimg185.jpg

I found this one today. For me it is a Roman one. I was making clips but when i saw this one's clip it was a half clip because of full memory :BangHead:

img186.jpgimg187.jpg

This one is a Roman too

img188.jpg

This is a 2 Centesimi from 1803 or 1812, i'm not sure

img189.jpgimg190.jpg

This is another version of parpagliola

img193.jpgimg194.jpg

Some old pendants

img196.jpgimg197.jpgimg198.jpgimg199.jpgimg200.jpgimg203.jpgimg204.jpg

A nice French coin

img201.jpgimg202.jpg

And now idea yet for this last one

img191.jpgimg192.jpg

That's all for now guys. Thank You for watching and wish you luck.

Attachments

• img195.jpg
    img195.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Very nice stuff.

Where are you located here in Italy. I have a house down here we summer at and my job often brings me here. Italy is great for hunting.

Welcome back:occasion14:

First one looks like a silver billion of 1721, but Bramblesfinds will ID.

I can confirm you have 2 Roman Coins, the 2nd being a common commemorative Roma. The 1st Cru'dad may ID, but looks tough.

Last edited:
From Cru'Dad;

Vince’s coin is an Antoninanus of SALONINA approxAD256-258. Obverse is SALONINA AVG with bust right resting on a Crescent.Afraid can not make out Reverse.

Salonina was the wife of Gallienus (EmperorAD253-258).

I never will tire of looking at your posts Vince, Always with a good variety of coinage and super photos . Welcome back:thumbsup:

That's a great collection of finds! Thank you very much for sharing. I have no idea what I'm looking at, but they look OLD.....Ah, but to detect in Italy! HH.

Welcome back Vince. I too had a couple week break from posting, sometimes life pulls us in other directions. Nice to see all those sweet digs. I'd need a coin encyclopedia if I detected over where you live. A few of those are amazing finds in my eyes. Sure am glad to see you post again. Are you done probing with rods or are you doing it and swinging the coil?

Thanks for the mention in your post buddy.

Thank you guys, i missed your comments :)

Good news. First Cru said that i have a Roman coin from 258 DC. Can you believe that i found it in a park.
Second, the cross is not a general one. I found it three days ago. I was sure that i put it in my carry bag but when i got home it wasn't there. Yesterday, i found it again. Today i worked it out. It is a Austrian military medal called Cannon Cross from year 1813.

http://www.emedals.com/an-1813-14-austrian-army-cross-cannon-cross-eu8134

From Cru'Dad;

Vince’s coin is an Antoninanus of SALONINA approxAD256-258. Obverse is SALONINA AVG with bust right resting on a Crescent.Afraid can not make out Reverse.

Wow, that is great. Finally, a Roman coin in good shape. Now it is my oldest coin. Thank you Cru [emoji106]

Good news. First Cru said that i have a Roman coin from 258 DC. Can you believe that i found it in a park.
Second, the cross is not a general one. I found it three days ago. I was sure that i put it in my carry bag but when i got home it wasn't there. Yesterday, i found it again. Today i worked it out. It is a Austrian military medal called Cannon Cross from year 1813.

An 1813-14 Austrian Army Cross; Cannon Cross

That is a special find.

Don't know on the first coin, might be from the Swiss Cantons, but I couldn't find it. Cru seems to be right on the date and composition though. Second is Lombardy-Venetia 1822M. I don't know Roman. 5th coin would be a Kingdom of Napoleon Centesimo M mintmark, 1807-1813. I know nothing on the pendants/medals. 1875 France 0 Centimes, mintmark should be above the bow in the wreath. Last coin is probably Milan under Spanish Administration. Spanish Administration was 1535-1714. The last thanks to a Google search that led back to Tnet.

Very nice stuff.

Where are you located here in Italy. I have a house down here we summer at and my job often brings me here. Italy is great for hunting.

Thank's. I live near Milan.

Welcome back:occasion14:

First one looks like a silver billion of 1721, but Bramblesfinds will ID.

I can confirm you have 2 Roman Coins, the 2nd being a common commemorative Roma. The 1st Cru'dad may ID, but looks tough.

Yes, Cru Dad is right. Here it is.RBQ.jpg

From Cru'Dad;

Hi Cru,
this is it
7cmDYi6wCeQ8f3LX2AqaRnA4m5Pf9T.jpg

Salonina Antoninianus, struck AD 262 - 263 at Milan� mint.
Obv: SALONINA AVG, diademed and draped bust on crescent right.
Rev: FELICIT PVBL, Felicitas standing facing, head left, her legs crossed, holding caduceus and resting on column.
1,85 g , 18 mm.
RIC 61

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back