Im calling it a year. Here is my silver.

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
I'm calling it a year. Here is my silver.

Got out today for what will probably be one of my last hunts of the year. I have a new rental house to work on and other commitments that will only allow me to hunt for a couple of times a month for now to the end of the year. Hit an old courthouse lawn that produced five silver coins (Washington, 2 mercs, 2 barber dimes), an IH, and some wheats. Looks like I will end up with about 150 silvers for the year. Nothing really old, and am I really glad I didn't slap CaptSe in the face with a glove at the beginning of the year and challenge him to a silver contest ;D. Most numerous coins for the year, as always, Merc dimes with 101. I had kind of a slow year for big silvers though I did find a couple of cartwheels. Hope you all enjoy the photos. Not pictured are about 600 wheaties, ten pounds of can slaw, assorted copper and nickel coins, rings and enough clad to buy a used 12.5 coil and a sunray probe for the EX II PLUS a bunch of weird and wonderfull stuff that we all find and love! I also have included a picture of an old dime book that I bought at an auction filled with mercs found this year. I put this book in my 4yo daughter's baby book. The picture on the front of the dime book looks just like my little girl!

Attachments

• 091607 001.jpg
    091607 001.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 643
  • 091607 002.jpg
    091607 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 637
  • 091607 003.jpg
    091607 003.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 639
Upvote 0
Re: I'm calling it a year. Here is my silver.

WOW ~ you kick butt!!! That's a lot of silver!! WTG!!!

I think I'm only up to 48 or 49 silvers for the year. But I feel that the two $10 gold coins I've found this year makes up for the lack of silver I've dug.

;^)

150 Silver is not too shabby at all, rebelLT!!! How about a challenge next year?? ;D ;) You should be very proud of your accomplishment. Your wheat to silver ratio is just a little under mine. Very nice!!

How long have you been using your Explorer?? Have your silver totals been decreasing over the years?? This was my first year using the Explorer. I've never had a year like I've had this year, and probably never will.

Congrats again!

CAPTN SE
Dan

:( Hate to hear your hanging it up for the rest of the year but when you have things that you Have To Do, there's no way around them. Besides, we all know you'll get out every once in a while. :) HH

Desertfox

i would have to live to be 150 years old to find that much. very impressive!! what kind of places do you have to hunt to find that much?

That's amazing, Rebel. Lots of big silver in that picture. :o :o

What type of sites are you hitting? 8)

Wow. Very nice haul. Haven't dug that much silver in almost 3 years of hunting. Have you got many seated or IH's over the years? Eric

Nice finds Rebel,

The book is cool too. I'm sure your daughter will love it ;D

TW

wow that was a hell of a year! if i find 20 silvers in a year im doing great! how often did you get out? i usually only do between 3 and 7 hunts a month, for a couple of hours each time. maybe i need to get out more! ;)

Thanks for the replies. I hunt mostly old houses. Most turn of the century houses will produce 2 or more silver coins. I always say theres a merc in every yard. Over fifty percent of the houses around my area are rentals (that's a real statistic) and a bunch are owned by the same people. I know some of the big owners and they let me hunt their properties. Also, most of the time a college student renting a house wont care if you ask. I also hunt the parking strips allot in the older neighborhoods as well as the hundreds of empty lots that once had houses. I get out between 3 to five times a week for a couple of hours and usually get one weekend a month to myself to hunt. My best year was 95 when I was stationed at Ft. Knox Kentucky for 6 months. I had about 5 hours a day to hunt and probably dug about 600 silver coins that summer. I didn't count them back then though I can tell you I filed a plastic index card holder/box with dimes alone. I didn't hunt much between 95 and 98 and only got out a few times a month until last year when I got the addiction again. Last years totals were about 120. I mostly dig common silver, mercs, washingtons, rosies. I only have 15 seated coins to show for 20 years of hunting. The area I live in boomed in the 1890's until about 1950 so most of the coins are from that period. An odd thing is that I find a high number of Standing Liberty Quarters around here. Since I got the minelab I have spent the summer trying to figure the thing out! I am good enough with the thing now that I have been hitting the old parks in the area digging up the DEEP coins. It's a slow process though worth it. I have dug more pre 1800 coins this year than in the past 20 years. (P.S., the closing on my rental has bee pushed back a couple of weeks so looks like I get to hunt for a few more weeks! HORAW!)

A really SUPER haul for the summer. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back