I'm doin the work, Part 2

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a follow up to yesterdays post. Here are a few of the things that stuck out for me.
012.jpgSome kind of badge. Pretty well gone but interesting. Says "New Brunswick" and some other things which I have yet to decipher.
014.jpg A little medallion, G A A (found out it's the "Gaelic Athletic Association") Wasn't till I was taking photos that it said "sterling" on the back. Thick and heavy for it's size.
015.jpg016.jpg A little bale seal with an "MC" on one side and "67" on the other. Haven';t looked into this one yet.
017.jpg A little button. Shank is gone. N.H. (New Hampshire, I'm sure) on the bottom.
018.jpg I do believe this to be a gold denture piece of sort. Has tooth type indentations on it. Similar to what kids would call a grill or something like that. Very heavy for it's size and not pitted like brass items I find. Went to the dentist myself yesterday and forgot to bring it. Came out of the mud as clean as it shows here.
019.jpg Conestoga bell. Love it! Going to repurpose this one.
I guess I'll have to throw a few on another post. Kinda getting jammed up here.

Upvote 10
Great hunt with some pretty cool saves, nice medallion, nice button & very cool bell, nice gold and bale seal, congratulations on all

Congrats on the cool relics! :occasion14:

Great finds! Are you hunting near some RR tracks? Looks like a Maine Central Ry(or RR) baggage tag and the MC lead seal could belong to the same line. Nice going!

Great finds! Are you hunting near some RR tracks? Looks like a Maine Central Ry(or RR) baggage tag and the MC lead seal could belong to the same line. Nice going!
I am hunting near some RR tracks. I kinda figured it was a bale seal related to it. Haven't confirmed it yet but the "MC" was exactly what I was thinking, Maine Central. I'd much rather be outside swinging the coil than researching it all right now. My time is too precious. Thanks to all who've looked and left comments. I appreciate the support!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back