What's new

Im going to be hated by many!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be hated by many!

This time I know it is not a Peace Dollar!

2 in 2 weeks! My 1st 1800's coin!
 

Attachments

  • 100_3051.webp
    100_3051.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 488
  • 100_3048.webp
    100_3048.webp
    32 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

Congrats on a nice Morgan. I can't tell from the picture but does the eagles wing on the reverse have a little extra wing under In?

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

does the eagles wing on the reverse have a little extra wing under In?
yes, It appears to. why?
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

COOL!!!2 in 2 weeks, their will be more.
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

Sooooooo.... how did you come about this coin.?

Mojo
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

Piercesdad said:
does the eagles wing on the reverse have a little extra wing under In?
yes, It appears to. why?

Does it look like this? If so google 1899 Morgan bar wing.

HH,
65GT350
 

Attachments

  • 1889.webp
    1889.webp
    95.3 KB · Views: 428
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

It does not have the extra wing. I think I should be very bummed about this. But I am not I still got a 1889 Morgan for a $1.
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

How?

Golden Silver
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

As a consolation to the rest of us, it does look like it's been cleaned.

Congrats OP, Awesome score.
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

I hope you see by now that you are NOT hated for finding this wonderful coin. IN stead, on this board, we are rare people. We are HAPPY for you that you found it. Envious? Yes. But not hateful, and truly happy that you had such a cool find. ;D

Congratulations!

:thumbsup:
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

nice job on the morgan dollar! :)
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

okay....so how did you acquire this enviable find?
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

I knew I would not be hated. It's just I'm amazed to get two in two weeks.

I got this one the same way I got the last one I simply ask if they have any older large dollar coins. Both time it has been a very youg teller, early 20's.

I had a stack of Ikes in my hand @ Bof A today and just kind of jingling them. Well a couple people in line wanted them so I sold them to them. What the heck I had gotten them less than 10 minutes earlier. well after hearing about the one lady behind me not having a job, I told her dot to worry about paying me back, just rub Ike for good luck. I walked up to a teller and asked for any halves and the glory be she had $700 worth.

I wish I had Ike for luck right now...skunkerooo after first $350

As a consolation to the rest of us, it does look like it's been cleaned.

It's amazing what a little windex will do to a coin.
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

nice morgan ..........i'd try not to clean a coin however
 
Re: I'm going to be hated by many!

Soap and water.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom