Im Impressed. Ace 250 Field Report By JerDfx.

Re: I'm Impressed. Ace 250 Field Report By JerDfx.

Great finds with the ACE 250, I have one and have posted many items I have found this
year. My latest find was a Flying Eagle penny and a 1918 S Mercury dime. I have also dug many
coins at 6,7,8,9 and 10 inches. I dig all good signals and some of the bad ones, an old timer
once told me to dig every signal. It works, you dig alot of trash, but you also dig
a lot of goodies also. If you water hunt, you dig every signal, so why not dig all the signals on land.

I suggest you turn your sensitivity down to around 4 notches. I also run in jewelry mode most of the time.

If you want to see some of the items I've found this year, look under posts by ringfinder.

Good Luck with this great machine. By the way I also use a SunRay Probe on my machine,. Those
pesky deep signals are hard to get to without a probe.

HH, Ringfinder

Thanks guys,

The ace 250 is a really good unit.

It will not out perform my dfx. But for the money my dad spent on it. You couldn't have got anything better.

I'll use a few of your tips. I ran the sence up as high as it could go. It stayed stable.

Nice back up detector for a friend or family. You'll actually find stuff with this unit.

HH Jer

I am not sure about the ACE 250 not out performing your DFX.

My buddie made a jerk out of me. I was using my Whites XLT and he called me
over to check a signal he had gotten with his ACE 250. I checked the signal and I didn't
get anything. He dug down and pulled out a barber dime at over 8 inches in good top soil.

The next week I was using my ACE 250 and got a signal, which was at over 6 inches deep. I
called another friend of mine over, who was using a DFX to check my signal, guess what, he
couldn't get a signal. I dug down to almost 7 inches and pulled out a 1911 Wheat penny.

All of my friends have other detector's, but instead of using the ACE 250 as a back up they are
now using this machine as their main detector.

But you know what, if guys don't want to believe this detector will not out perform there high
dollar machines, let them keep hunting with those heavy, out of date machines.

HH, Ringfinder

P.S. Just remember to give this detector a chance. If it is a coin it will lock onto the coin it is and not
go away. If you swing one way and get a signal and then swing back and get nothing, it probably
is junk. If you do the same thing and get a signal at say 4,6,or 8 inches, dig it. Good Luck.

It's a good detector ringfinder.

I'm a master dfx user though. Not many folks know it like I do.

I've crossed checked targets with my dad just recently. It wasn't able to show the dfx up in my hands atleast.

I run a program that eats the ground up. I also have a large coil on the unit to. It will not out perform the white's dfx.

If it did I'd have one. Nice light weight fun detector to use.

Great detector for the money though.

HH Jer

goldencoin said:
I got a garret 750 and i still havn't found a silver quarter....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!

HH
-GC

I'm sorry, I don't meant to be hi-jacking this thread but, I am on the verge of buying either 750 or 250. They are both NIB. $400 for the 750 and it comes with 7x10 Rhino coil in addition to 8.5 crossfire coil. I'm trying to decide if the 750 is worth the extra money.

Thanks,
Steve

I'd get a 250.

For the money it is as good as any 500.00 units I have seen.

It's the best bang for the buck.

I don't have any experience with the 750.

Good luck with your choices

OK, I am now converted. Just too much positive feedback for ACE 250. I had not yet firmed up deal on 750 so I contacted him and he has no problem selling me the 250 instead. I just now emailed him request to put together package deal with everything I would need to get started metal detecting in addition to accessories that already come with ACE 250.

Steve

I have had my ACE 250 just about as long as anyone on the forum I think. Anyway I also have a GTI 2500. When I go out for a day coinshooting, guess which one goes with me? When I am in a competition hunt at my treasure hunting club, speed is of the essence, so guess which one goes with me? At my club's national hunt, guess which one went with me? So why do I even have the 2500? I ask myself that sometimes, but if I want to go deep and be extremely precise or if I am hunting seashore with salt content, the 2500 really performs in those circumstances. If Garrett would put salt elimination, ability to manually ground balance and an adjustable volume control on the ACE 250, and charge a hundred bucks more for it, it would outsell everything on the market. Well, the ACE 250 already does outsell everything on the market, so I guess I'm speaking for myself? Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back