What's new

Im in Chester County PA and it smells like the ocean outside

baspinall

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
846
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Chester County PA and it smells like the ocean outside

This storm is crazy! It really smells just like the ocean outside right now. Very weird & eery sensation.
 
Yeah. I can't even imagine what it's like to have the Hudson River pouring into your house, or apartment. The smell must be nauseating. I parked my eighteen wheeler 50 yds from the Hudson River, opened the door to get out and the stink had me spewing vomit everywhere. That's one stinking, nasty, polluted river. City officials who are telling residents of New Jersey and New York along the coast they'll have to "Shelter-in-Place" for a week or more are "Dellusional Idiots". There's no way in Hell people can live in those kind of conditions for weeks. The toll from disease and infection will double the death rate for these cities if people are not evacuated as soon as possible after the storm and flooding subsides. I know what i'm talking about. I saw it happen in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
 
Immediately authorities will need to identify people who are in unsustainable situations and get them moved to safety. You can't just keep going on television and making statements about how people "Should've Evacuated Earlier". That's STUPID. Elderly people and people with medical issues are commonly shunned by their families and the community. They're often overlooked in a huge emergency. People who tried to escape too late and who are stranded in the weather need to be rescued NOW. Eventually the government will need to make the assessment which dwellings are no longer habitable and make sure those people are relocated. I saw people months after Katrina living in houses with walls covered with black fungus, literally killing their children. In fact, some of these homes in the New Orleans area still have people living in them and were NEVER condemned. Half the population left New Orleans during Katrina and the death rate from resperatory infections rose 4X previous levels.
 
Catfish ,
I spent 4 months in the' Katrina Arena' on military resupply and generator taxi for communication companies . Being shot at
makes me less sympathetic than you are .
 
Bahhh, New York, it's a tough town :headbang: :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom