What's new

I'm not sure what I have here.

Heth

Greenie
Joined
Aug 29, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
I was hunting and ran across this , and several more. I can't quit fiddling with them!
 

Attachments

  • 1000002946.webp
    1000002946.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Looks like a chunk of aluminum slag left over from a campfire. That's what
an aluminum beer or soda can becomes when it's smashed down and tossed
in a fire.

Keep in mind, however, is that's just what it looks like to me... :dontknow:
 
I was hunting and ran across this , and several more. I can't quit fiddling with them!
Is it magnetic?
Found where beach, house. Park?
Post pictures of all of them.
 
1000000807.webp
some beach, some my Dad had. Some Are drawn to each other?
 

Attachments

  • 1000000348.webp
    1000000348.webp
    401.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 1000002889.webp
    1000002889.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 89
Now this one looks interesting. Is this all one piece, like a conglomerate
of some type?


1000000348.webp
 
First two appear to be aluminum melted onto rocks. Looks like they were made at a campfire on the beach.
Aluminum cans tossed into a fire do this(as has already been suggested)

The other appears to be bitumen with shells.
The shells do not appear to be fossilized.
I've picked these up at the beach.
They are made when bitumen gets pressed into shells by wave action.

If there are rocks and shells in the same piece then it is probably a piece of road asphalt made on a beach.
(this too has already been suggested)
 
First two appear to be aluminum melted onto rocks. Looks like they were made at a campfire on the beach.
Aluminum cans tossed into a fire do this(as has already been suggested)

The other appears to be bitumen with shells.
The shells do not appear to be fossilized.
I've picked these up at the beach.
They are made when bitumen gets pressed into shells by wave action.

If there are rocks and shells in the same piece then it is probably a piece of road asphalt made on a beach.
(this too has already been suggested)
 
It's a neat looking piece and welcome to the forum.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom