OP
JC dig's

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Re: I'm off to Brandy Station

Well????? i went to the thousand acres, it was a bit overwelming. i did'nt know where to start did i mention that a thousand acres is really really really big and it was really hot. I didn'nt find anything except a loan pull tab in the middle of a field (the size of texas). i can't convey how disappointed i was ???. Then i thought of all of the post i have read on this forum and realized it's not about finding anything its about the process of the hobby. I talked to the owner and he said i could come back anytime I want. So I decided to change my approach to the whole thing. First I won't bring my 8 year old second I am going to do more homework on the history of the area thirdly i will be more prepared for the weather. Sorry i don't have any cool pics of things that i found, maybe next time.

K

Kentucky Kache

An area that big, I think you need one of those meteorite detectors like the guy in Kansas pulled behind a four wheeler. ;)

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Just a tip for when you go back, look for water (springs, creek bed, ect.) and look for high ground nearby. That's where I would start.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Wish I was helping you. Sounds like it would be a unique experience. I would hunt that in all metal mode, just so you don't discriminate out anything. A drawback of all metal is that you are digging everything. After doing your research, it should become clearer as to where to start and where not to search. Hope it helps and good luck. Look forward to seeing pics when you have a chance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread