Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still here!!

Hey Hey,

Sorry for the delay in posts. We've had a nightmare week on the railroad chock full of "heat kinks" and numerous fallen trees from round after round of severe thunderstorms. I think I earned my official Boy Scout merit badge for "chain-saw use".

I did slip in two boxes, which were both skunks.

I have 6 boxes coming on Friday.

I hope everyone is well and trying their best to stay cool!

H$H!
TGB

Upvote 0

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They classified that system as a "Land Hurricane" and it knocked out power for a lot of people for upwards of a week here in the Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia tri-state. Even though I never lost power, one of my supply banks still didn't have it as of yesterday, and they didn't order my coins this week, and if not back up on Monday, I won't get them next week either.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TallGuy, nice to see you post, Hope your 6 boxes reward you with some silver! Good luck, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TGB, nice to see you posting again!!!
hope everything is alright with you, those storms made it like the electric worker's christmas with all the overtime..
PM sent,
hope your friday boxes turn out well!
hh
buff

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to hear from you. Hope you hit some good boxes.

My 12 boxes so far this week were all SKUNKs. Glad one of my orders didn't get delivered due to holiday. It would have been 16 SKUNKs in a row. Without any keepers, dumping the extra boxes were quite painful.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
damn 12 skunk boxes is rough

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a 60+ box skunk streak.

Novapax

I dont know i could keep hunting at a 60 box skunk streak it would prolly break me lol

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
At what point do you just concede? I mean with that many skunks, one would have to assume that the silver in that particular area is either gone or so little remains that it isn't worth the effort. The only glimmer of hope is that you might luck out and get a collection dump, but how often does that seem to be happening in a particular area? Not very often. Silver is being pulled from circulation at a much faster rate than it is being replenished. Think of how many crh'ers there are pulling coins daily versus how many collection dumps are replenishing every day. I would venture to estimate it is about 1:1000. In other words, I believe there are 1000 crh'ers pulling a piece of silver to every one person unknowingly replenishing the silver supply. I have to at least be able to justify my efforts. If I cannot at least cover the cost of my gas each week in finds, then I will retire. It would be cheaper to take the gas money and buy and stack ase's. As long as I break even in gas, I will continue on in hopes that I hit some big boxes along the way. I respect the persistence and efforts put forth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions