Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see Mr Casper! Is the GF still working? Hope this change allows you to heal better and get much needed hunting in...
I've been retired since Jan 2013, I took a video of myself punching the clock for the last time, and walking out the door just so I would not forget where almost 40 years of my life went. Seems now after retired for several years I still don't have much free time...

Stay healthy my friend and maybe see you in the future!

Joe

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see Mr Casper! Is the GF still working? Hope this change allows you to heal better and get much needed hunting in...
I've been retired since Jan 2013, I took a video of myself punching the clock for the last time, and walking out the door just so I would not forget where almost 40 years of my life went. Seems now after retired for several years I still don't have much free time...

Stay healthy my friend and maybe see you in the future!

Joe
I retired the same year, and find that I seem to be busier now than when I worked! How did I ever get things done around the house, work my job, and find time to detect back then? :icon_scratch::dontknow:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations! May the ring of GOLD be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.
I celebrated my 13th anniversary of being retired and have never missed a minute of not being at work. I could not have accomplished all I have done in the past 13 years if I had to go to work. BUT I have had to make everything I do fun, keep moving, detecting, home chores, traveling and not becoming a couch potatoe. It has kept me going and would love to see you here on the Cape if you make it out this way.
Until then, ENJOY your retirement and stay healthy. Rick

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the retirement Casper.
Just wear out-instead of rusting out as many do.
Been 15yrs since I had to do the routine. Don't miss one minute of the rat race lifestyle when working.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
14 years for me. just like others I seem to have less spare time now but I love retirement.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
14 years for me. just like others I seem to have less spare time now but I love retirement.
I really think that we do the working years of life. Then the retirement part is to do everything/projects that we didn't do while working.
Problem seems to be the head still believes it's 35yrs old.
Body says hold on there young man.

Project list just keeps getting longer, time gets shorter.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into a few guys out and about the last few days and they laughed and said the same that a few of you have
That my work has just begun and that my lady will now come up with a "Honey do list"
But thats not me - I have no more to do than I did when I was working - Ive had an older gentleman
that needs the money doing my yard work for the last 10 yrs - Everything with my house has been taken care of
that I had to do...Ive always done 95% of the shopping and cooking since i was 18
My GF doesnt let me near the laundry
- Ive been starring at the walls already - hoping to start detecting soon but other than that
Im going to be bored. Wish I lived closer to tthe ocean
I have to hope I can survive to my GFs retirement - another 5 yrs so we can move to Fla.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oficially RETIRED!!!
as of today
didnt think i would live this long to see it
now have to hope i can get out and hunt
Con
Oficially RETIRED!!!
as of today
didnt think i would live this long to see it
now have to hope i can get out and hunt
Congrats...looking forward to your posts of your hunts..good luck...glad to hear you are moving down my way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread