Image Size Limiter

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
(This has probably been suggested already, but I only checked the first 25 or so posts.)

As it is now, when an extra large picture gets posted, it increases the width of the page to equal the width of the image. This makes it necessary to use the horizontal scroll bar, in order to read the posted text.

It the text is only a couple of lines, it's not so bad. But that one extra large image, once included in a very long page, makes the horizontal scrolling necessary for every post on that page! And on very long pages, it is very likely that some posts will be several paragraphs. Having to scroll back and forth to read each and every line really bites.

I imagine that getting an automatic image re-sizer installed into the forum would take a lot of doing, and possibly be expensive. But, at this point, I think that it is the most important thing to do as the next upgrade, if there ever is one.

Sometimes people post the extra large ones only because that is the setting on their digital camera, and they don't know how to change it. But sometimes people need to see the high resolution details in the image, so they post the extra large version.

What would be best, would be to limit the size, or have an automatic re-sizer. Then, for details on a large hi-res photo, just put a link to it below the image on the page, and those who want to see the fine details can click on that link and it would show it full-size, in a new window.

I know---It's not as easy as it sounds, but man, would it be a big relief to have it!

:coffee2:

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
I cannot agree with you more. I for one will not look at a lot of posts because I have to scroll all over the place to see the picture.
A lot of pics are put up asking for help in the what is it section and you cannot tell what the item is just because you cannot see all of it.

JMO
Joe

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I'm getting ready to say something important but you are going to have to scroll sideways to be able to see what I am about to say And Here it is now, .......... "Down with extra wide photos" :protest:

GG~

wolfpack.jpg

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the concept, don't know if its feasible or not. I'll point this out to Marc.

The big pics are a hassle for a lot of members. When I come across a thread like that I just go in and re-size the pics myself........and you could always PM me with a link, put re-size in the subject. I'll do my best to get to them. :thumbsup:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
Like the concept, don't know if its feasible or not. I'll point this out to Marc.

The big pics are a hassle for a lot of members.
When I come across a thread like that I just go in and re-size the pics myself..
..and you could always PM me with a link, put re-size in the subject. I'll do my best to get to them. :thumbsup:

Thanks Diggin,
Will Do. You da Man! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread