What's new

IMAGINE MY EYES!

Peyton Manning

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
15,017
Reaction score
18,979
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looking in a cornfield for original americans artifacts, found this

field june 4 15 002.webp

field june 4 15 004.webp

here I sit all broken hearted
found a purse with coins departed
 
Upvote 46
Nothing inside? That's a shame haha. Next time...
 
Bummer. Reminds me of the item I dug a silver plated coin case and it was empty upon opening. Big let down.
 
figured I found my first silver, or at least another IH
 
Banner!!:headbang:
Banner!:headbang:
Wait...I still get my money..right?:laughing7::laughing7:
 
At least you have your poetry to get you through:laughing7:I feel your pain, I recently found an 1800s cast iron bank...but no coins inside, my heart just sank.
 
Hit the area with a detector, if there was anything in it, I'll bet it didn't go too far
 
nah it was zipped up tight
 
I found one like that a couple weeks back, mine had a few memorials in it.
 
yeah , that's a buzzkill for sure - but hey- at least you're getting out !
 
At least you didn't "pay a dime and only farted!" :laughing7:
 
I had a similar experience years ago when I detected an object beside a very old cut down tree. I dug down about 12 inches and found what appeared to be a silver round Alladdins lamp kind of vessel. It had a top on it and when pried off, to my dismay, it was empty. I know how it feels though, heart pounding screaming for my buddy etc. What a rush. I'll post a picture of the container when I get a chance.
 
Every time I find a makeup compact, I open it to see if there are coins. None yet!
 
Looks like my wife's after she's been shopping. Empty !!
 
First, congrats on finding the purse! Just remember...anything could have been in there, even a few gold coins!
Those first 3 seconds are real heart pounders!
......I had a little..uh hmm... Encounter with a 10 cent euro...,the darn thing was gold colored!!!!! And I thought ...in those first 3 seconds....GOLD COIN!!!!!,....nope!....euro!

.but the first 3 seconds ARE MINE!!! Darn it!
 
So I know Native American relics are in your wheelhouse.....Did you find any native artifacts?
 
not that trip, however that is the field I found the adze in
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom