AugustMoose87
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 10, 2014
- Messages
- 446
- Reaction score
- 264
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Longmont, CO
- Detector(s) used
- Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Found these today, and don't know what to make of them...



Swung my X-Terra 705 with coiltek 15" 18.75kHz in the area and didn't come up with much... Nails, a lead pellet, bottle cap and what I am pretty sure is a steel BB... I was hoping it was a meteorite, but it is exactly the right size and weight for a steel BB
They are in a flat slope of Lyons sandstone (the hardest sandstone in the world I'm told), about 77" apart. Nothing in the top crater, which has a nice bowl shape. The lower one had some dirt/debris and charcoalized wood in it, but no charring on the rock itself. It has some more angular aspects to it, but still largely bowl shaped.



Swung my X-Terra 705 with coiltek 15" 18.75kHz in the area and didn't come up with much... Nails, a lead pellet, bottle cap and what I am pretty sure is a steel BB... I was hoping it was a meteorite, but it is exactly the right size and weight for a steel BB
They are in a flat slope of Lyons sandstone (the hardest sandstone in the world I'm told), about 77" apart. Nothing in the top crater, which has a nice bowl shape. The lower one had some dirt/debris and charcoalized wood in it, but no charring on the rock itself. It has some more angular aspects to it, but still largely bowl shaped.


![english-civil-war-cannonball-hole-in-church-wall-tong-shropshire-B6EAD4[1].webp english-civil-war-cannonball-hole-in-church-wall-tong-shropshire-B6EAD4[1].webp](https://www.treasurenet.com/data/attachments/1169/1169073-bebccbfbf675b876c582467f71684cb3.jpg?hash=1kOAeefgkp)







