What's new

Impaired Proofs

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to the RCH Forum. I am new here. Started RCH just in Nov 2008.
I had good luck at the beginning looking for halves
2 1968 D
1 1969 D
2 1999 S (impaired proofs)
Could some body tell me if it is worthy to keep the proofs. It is my understanding that once the proofs
are spend or taken out from the set they are worth face.
One coin dealer told me that coins dealer will not buy impaired proofs.
 
Upvote 0
I would keep them myself. Proofs have lower mintages and you may be able to sell them online to a collector that wants to fill a hole in his or her album. in 1999 there were 2.5 million clad proofs and 800,000 silver proofs minted so I think they would be worth hanging onto.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
 
cibao020369 said:
Hello to the RCH Forum. I am new here. Started RCH just in Nov 2008.
I had good luck at the beginning looking for halves
2 1968 D
1 1969 D
2 1999 S (impaired proofs)
Could some body tell me if it is worthy to keep the proofs. It is my understanding that once the proofs
are spend or taken out from the set they are worth face.
One coin dealer told me that coins dealer will not buy impaired proofs.

Yea low mintage makes them rare. But it might take a while for the impaired proofs to become valueable but they will be .... Someday.

I'd keep them especially if they are not scuffed up too bad. You wont find enough to cost you that much to hang on to. So I say keep em.

Mojo P.S. It's CRH (coin roll hunting) not RCH roll coin hunting?
 
At 50 cents a pop, ide keep um. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom