What's new

Impossible?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some things just can't be identified...is this one?
 

Attachments

  • 09 - 11 April 2010 015.webp
    09 - 11 April 2010 015.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 753
  • 09 - 11 April 2010 015.webp
    09 - 11 April 2010 015.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 738
Spooky said:
On a SERIOUS note, that looks ornamental and was between two objects...
like a 'concho"


Yeah that crossed my mind.


Romeo, get the Patriot to post his pewter find that had a star burst pattern. He'll know the one, and I have found one too. I'm trying to picture if that is similar, and the thin metal I believe is because mine was in pieces.
 
Upvote 0
still need to see the other side
it may be blank as you say...........
But, it could clearly give us a clue
Brady
 
Upvote 0
If you take a regular old crimp bottle cap and pound it back out flat.... you get almost this same pattern. You even get some of the evenly spaced lines around the perimeter. I'm not saying its a "pop" bottle cap but it looks like it could be a smaller crimp cap from something. It doesn't explain the holes....nor does its use as a concho. It also appears to have been folded (bent) in half and straightened out. Is it about 3/4 in in diameter? Steel...pewter....?
Just sayin'
 
Upvote 0
These two pieces came from a indian shell bed here on the river.I believe they are from something they would wear is my best guess.Most time around here no metal at all in these areas but I check anyway as I look for points.As most of them were killed off by early 1700's.And this shell bed produced these two pieces that day.Of corse mine are lead but it's what I thought of when I saw yours as it looks about the same size and the holes and all made me think that way.I know they wore metal objects but I don't know what for sure you got.It was just another possibilty but you would know more about indians in your area then I would.Maybe someone will know!
Take Care,
Pete :hello:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0747.webp
    DSCN0747.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCN0749.webp
    DSCN0749.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 509
Upvote 0
TiredIron said:
If you take a regular old crimp bottle cap and pound it back out flat.... you get almost this same pattern. You even get some of the evenly spaced lines around the perimeter. I'm not saying its a "pop" bottle cap but it looks like it could be a smaller crimp cap from something. It doesn't explain the holes....nor does its use as a concho. It also appears to have been folded (bent) in half and straightened out. Is it about 3/4 in in diameter? Steel...pewter....?
Just sayin'

It was bent in half and I did some field surgery (I know, never a good idea) to straighten it. To tell you the truth I'm not sure of the metal...not pewter because I was able to straighten it. Low quality (billon) silver maybe...rings in between 64-70 on the F-75 which is zinc-dime...
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
still need to see the other side
it may be blank as you say...........
But, it could clearly give us a clue
Brady

Here ya go!
 

Attachments

  • 09 - 11 April 2010 016.webp
    09 - 11 April 2010 016.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 0
sorry for the late reply but looking at the pewter I had was quite different... :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom