Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did pretty good today and a long one it was. I went to City Park in New Orleans where off found the earring the rest was trash and clad. It rained all day yesterday so I figured it would be better to dig this particular hard clay area. So I left the park and was on my way to a field that had army barracks in the 1940s there were some trees away from the field that I've never checked so hot for thought I change it up. That's where I found the 1924 Mercury and the 1964 Washington late in the day. You don't understand I haven't found a Mercury in 18 months and it's just my 2nd one. And I was just thinking about that earlier in the day at the park. I wanted a Mercury dime bad and I found one at another place that I least expected. I love this hobby.

.......And you know I GOT to go back tomorrow.

IMG_2417.JPGIMG_2419.JPGIMG_2421.JPG

And does anyone know what this is. I found this right around the Mercury dime at the same depth.

upload1493952428.323968.jpgupload1493952451.168805.jpg

Last, but not least, some bling!! [:laughing upload1493952831.989096.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16
Nice hunt. Good luck on your return trip...:thumbsup:

Abita, was there not long ago.....BIG trees heading to RV park.... nice place...

Last edited:
Cub Scouts tie clip?

Go with your gut...best divining available. That's what I call in the zone. For me it's like metal detecting zen...whenever I can get in a groove, detecting like second nature...that's when the best surprises seem to happen.

Go with your gut...best divining available. That's what I call in the zone. For me it's like metal detecting zen...whenever I can get in a groove, detecting like second nature...that's when the best surprises seem to happen.

So true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great hunt, super finds - Congratulations! :hello2:

Any type of silver makes the day all that much great!!! Those finds would make us happy for sure!!!!:icon_thumright:

Nice saves. I'm still looking for my first Merc for 2017

Nice saves. I'm still looking for my first Merc for 2017

I've been on a good silver quarter run this year actually my first Standing Liberty last morning month, but that Liberty Dime's been haunting me. [:laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice finds. 3 silvers and the Cub Scout Neckerchief slide are all nice finds.

Well done sir. Lot's of shiny stuff!

Psst: That would be a great day in my world too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back