In need of equipment design ideas

electroplasm

Jan 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone

I am a design student working toward my senior project which involves researching, designing, and improving the tools and equipment for gold prospectors. I am working toward membership at my local GPAA chapter in my city. I am looking for way to improve upon machinery and equipment that is already out there for my design project. So in order for me to find all this information, I am looking at problems and opportunities to improve upon in my design research.

The internet forums are a diverse group of people from all across the world. So I thought I'd join here.
So if any of you could answer a few of these questions or address any design opportunities it would be greatly appreciated.. Answer what you can.

*Are you happy with the quality of the equipment you own? What aspects of it do you think need improvement?

*What kind of device do you have experience using? Suction dredge? Dry wash? Blue Bowl? Trommel? Hand tools and sluice? Pan only? Metal Detector?

*Have you ever gold prospected all by yourself? What could be done to make solo prospecting easier and safer?

*What problems/inconveniences have you encountered when prospecting? Comfort? Transporting? Temperature? Weight? Rough trails? Assembly? Bodily pains? Losing equipment and tools?

*Have you ever customized your equipment? Home built parts? If yes what did you build and customize?

*What safety precautions must be made for suctioning beneath large rocks? Are their any methods or products out there to keep them from rolling on top of you?

So far I've thought of the possibility of devising a way to ensure the breakdown of clay soils all the way down to its particle form to ensure the collection of dust gold, and finding ways to make that possible.

Thank you and any information you can bring forward will be immensely helpful.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread