Inadvertent Coins from a Colonial Site

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I got out with Colonial Silver Zeus and Colonial KirkPA yesterday. I found a few musketballs, which are always welcomed in my eyes. :thumbsup: Later on during the day, I was sweeping with the John Walter passion, when I was startled with a suuuuuuuper loud "R" on "Quarter" reading. I looked down and was greeted with a Standing Liberty quarter right on top of the ground. I picked it up, and stated in a John Walter-like voice, "I will be damned...a silver Liberty quarter...I will be damned. :D" I yelled over to the Kirk Dude, "Stander...quarter...new wilver." :D Kirk stated, "Let's move away from here; it must not be as Colonial as the other areas. :D"

The Indian Head penny was also found in the vicinity. Needless to say, we definitely aborted after this recovery was made. :D

Kirk the Jerk had to go to work, so we decided to call it a metal detecting day.

Folks, even in the pursuit of Colonial artifacts, you do stumble across coins that were dropped by 20th century fellers.

We are looking forward to what the future may hold for us! :thumbsup:

newstuff002.jpg

Kyle

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on Bob, I'd throw a 1916 D Mercury back if I was hunting for them older sites, what the heck was the guy thinking when he dropped a coin like that. Big dummy. LOL

Boy's I'll take a Standing Liberty anyday, to a coin that you can't even tell what it is. You just know it's green and it might be a really old coin.

Congrats on your newer finds.

HH,Ringfinder

P.S. That quarter will probably bring you a nice tidy some if you sold it, just for the silver content. Hey battery money for those really old sites you guys always hunt.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey "Brutha" :wink: that is nice piece of silver and the Injun looks to be in great shape! You are a true relic/coin hunter my friend and I always enjoy your fine posts buddy!! :wink: :wink: HH AND "Keep the passion high" ;D :wink:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well since you "hate" having that new wilver round so much just ship em to me --and I'll take care of em for ya -- ;D -- coulda been worse -- wheat cents -- or better yet a "zincoln" ---oh the "horror" ---mmmooohhhaahhaa

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!!! You luck duck!!!! I would kill for a standing liberty quarter!!! Let alone colonial finds!!!!! Great findsbro!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread