Inadvertent Coins from a Colonial Site

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I got out with Colonial Silver Zeus and Colonial KirkPA yesterday. I found a few musketballs, which are always welcomed in my eyes. :thumbsup: Later on during the day, I was sweeping with the John Walter passion, when I was startled with a suuuuuuuper loud "R" on "Quarter" reading. I looked down and was greeted with a Standing Liberty quarter right on top of the ground. I picked it up, and stated in a John Walter-like voice, "I will be damned...a silver Liberty quarter...I will be damned. :D" I yelled over to the Kirk Dude, "Stander...quarter...new wilver." :D Kirk stated, "Let's move away from here; it must not be as Colonial as the other areas. :D"

The Indian Head penny was also found in the vicinity. Needless to say, we definitely aborted after this recovery was made. :D

Kirk the Jerk had to go to work, so we decided to call it a metal detecting day.

Folks, even in the pursuit of Colonial artifacts, you do stumble across coins that were dropped by 20th century fellers.

We are looking forward to what the future may hold for us! :thumbsup:

newstuff002.jpg

Kyle

Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...I wouldn't give up on it being Colonial...may just need to dig a little deeper!

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zoy,

If I would have gotten an "R" on "Quarter" hit, it would have been a Draped Bust quarter. :D

Oh well, even we, as Colonial hunters, need to take a break once in awhile.

Don't worry, next week will be good. :D Don't worry, I know you really didn't want to post this coin. :D Don't worry, I still love you, even though you didn't find a Colonial coppa. :tongue3: :D

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Kyle. Around "these here parts" ;D ...a "stander quarter" is a rare find.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your posts are entertaining enough on their own brother!! Even if you didn't find a thing. :D However, those are both quality finds....even though you are a colonial hunter to the bone. Like Kirk says. "If it aint colonial, we don't want it" Nice finds Kyle. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle,
Great finds in my book. :thumbsup: Heck, I've been having such a dry spell on coins lately a wheat would be a decent find. :o :wink:
Keep at is Koppa King.
-MM-

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
That is ironic. I went out to a late nineteenth century site looking for Indian Heads and Barbers, and found a Draped Bust!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe you posted this.   :P  You didn't practice catch and release with such finds?  They might as well be called "Early CLAD."   :tongue3: ;D  Danged farmers droppin New Wilver all over the place...  Jesus H.

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Kyle - Colonial Jedi Master -

I'm torn between a WTG !! :thumbsup: and DANG , sorry it was'nt Spanish wilver :sad11: :BangHead: :sad11:

Its the way it goes , Searchin for the colonial artiefacts can be EXTREMELY elusive !!

I do know this..... BDD Zeus-Kyle-&-Kirk will TRIUMPH in the future ! :headbang: :occasion14: :icon_cheers: :headbang:

Keep the colonial fever high !! :icon_thumright:

Derek :icon_scratch:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any SL Quarter is a great find Zoyboy :thumbsup: Congrats.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Kyle, if you found that SLQ on top of the ground, just think what is underneath the surface..... ;D ;D

Yes, for the area you are hunting in, that is like finding clad in my area, but you don't find SLQ's everday. Many md'ers would kill for an SLQ to add to their finds collection.

Hopefully next time, my friend, you will find what you are looking for!

Keep the passion High!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
cheese said:
The date on that quarter is nineteen something something. Nice find in my book.
Well, that narrows it down!

You could stick that quarter into a gumball machine and at least you will get a tasty treat. Just a thought.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
incajoe said:
cheese said:
The date on that quarter is nineteen something something. Nice find in my book.
Well, that narrows it down!

You could stick that quarter into a gumball machine and at least you will get a tasty treat. Just a thought.

Yeah, I try to help when I can! ;D

I dunno..my wife says my sense of humor is a little off. :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread