Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The weather was fantastic today for digging. This is super rare for February. It was sunny and 42 degrees. Zeus and I decided to get our dig on at a Colonial site that we found last year.

I dug a handful of Colonial buttons and was eyeballing Colonial pottery shards all over the place. I got a perfect reading in the area of the dwelling and looked down to see a beautiful Blowhole button on the surface. This is my second Blowhole button from this site (3rd total). That made my day! :hello2: Zeus got a handful of buttons as well, including an 18th century domed button. ;D

Kyle stayed home with his wife and vegetated (more like a bump on a log). :laughing9: :laughing7: KC in 2012! :laughing7:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :hello:

Attachments

• Quinn and Detecting Finds 007.JPG
    Quinn and Detecting Finds 007.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 748
  • Quinn and Detecting Finds 013.JPG
    Quinn and Detecting Finds 013.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 766
  • Quinn and Detecting Finds 017.JPG
    Quinn and Detecting Finds 017.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 757
  • Farm.JPG
    Farm.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 869
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blow hole button is a sweet little find! Awesome.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That blowhole button is AWESOME! KC 2012!!!! :headbang: Or maybe CK 2012, depending on who finds what. ;D

This post got me fired up. I couldn't go dig this weekend. :'( But it's on, come Fri-dee! :whip2:

-Buck

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great that you could get out in mid-Feb Kirk. And you made some real nice finds to boot. Congrats on the blowhole button. For some reason I've never been able to dig one down my way. Now I'm going to give you my regular reminder to get back out there and find that trash pit. Good luck to you guys ..... Bill

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk, glad you and Chris got out, who would have thunk, hunting in mid February in upstate Pa! That is another great condition blowhole button, they are always a welcomed find on my hunts. I am curious as to why Bill D does not find them in his haunts of Virginia, could be just a fluke not finding any....

Don

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Don in SJ said:
Kirk, glad you and Chris got out, who would have thunk, hunting in mid February in upstate Pa! That is another great condition blowhole button, they are always a welcomed find on my hunts. I am curious as to why Bill D does not find them in his haunts of Virginia, could be just a fluke not finding any....

Don

Don - I can't figure it out either, but neither I nor any of my hunting partners have ever dug a blowhole button to my knowledge. Doesn't make any sense with all the early sites we've hunted down here. Guess I'd better make that a new entry on my most wanted list.

garryson

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing and congrats on a great hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buttons Kirk. Good to see you getting out even if your brother Kyle has lost his "passion" :laughing7:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet button!! I found my first blowhole button back this year.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
It wasn't the most productive day of our lives but it was a perfect February sunny day. Any time I can get out and swing with zero sweat I will put in the winning column. Another Blowhole button for the Kirkster. You needed a button for that blowhole of yours. ;D There is something about that site that keeps pulling us back. It has to be one of my more enjoyable, peaceful, no one bothering us areas that draws us back time and again. We will soon be hitting some new sites for the spring so this counts as a warm up. Once the new sites start piling up ,Kyle will be firing up that old analog machine of his. This year may turn out to be better than last year.
Chris

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being originally from PA......I'm missing the open fields and forests there......puny digs in NE Ohio but definately diggen weather....GG

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buttons Kirk. That site looks promising... Arty

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds there Kirk! It's good to see you getting out and finding a little treasure!
Keith

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice Colonial post ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions