20150603_170953-1.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 29

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a Great Find

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to both of you on that find, hope you get a buyer. You know, if I were you I would concentrate hard on the property you found it, grid it off and maybe there will be another one.Wouldnt it be
cool to find the whole jacket of them

OP
OP
G

Gregg3131

May 24, 2015
Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do appreciate the comments. I am a newbie at this and am learning the protocol(now I know the finder needs to pist) . Although I did not dig it I was very excited to be part of it as it was my lead on property and he was my guest. And yes people should not judge others on selling as you don't ever know ones financial situation, obviously it would be great to keep every single relic but it's not always financially possible.

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to both of you on that find, hope you get a buyer. You know, if I were you I would concentrate hard on the property you found it, grid it off and maybe there will be another one.Wouldnt it be
cool to find the whole jacket of them
now that would be awesome - to be able to say you recovered that. geez.

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do appreciate the comments. I am a newbie at this and am learning the protocol(now I know the finder needs to pist) . Although I did not dig it I was very excited to be part of it as it was my lead on property and he was my guest. And yes people should not judge others on selling as you don't ever know ones financial situation, obviously it would be great to keep every single relic but it's not always financially possible.

hey, you all found it, it's yours to do with as you please! no judgments whatsoever. congratulations on finding something that anyone would be grateful to find.

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find..

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but how is this relevant again? The OP clearly stated what he and his buddy found and how proud he is to be part of this find. Who ever said he was looking for anything?

I feel its very relevant. He posted him and his buddy found it in a Team effort on this post.In another post on What's it worth he posted it there...but two days AFTER It was posted on Craigslist in Charlotte for $5800. So someone knew what they thought it was worth on CL. and my question after he told me they found it as a Team effort were they gonna split the sales since it was a TEAM find.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gregg I do think it is a Banner type find and nothing wrong with posting someone else's find aslong as you explain it as such and I would too be excited to be part of the find. I don't believe poster criticised anyone for selling it. I believe he said he wouldn't.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recovery and am sure it was fun to be with him when he recovered it. What a person does with their finds in their own business. Also if he had posted it would not make "Banner' because they do not award them to new members. But we do not hunt for banners anyway right?

I bet it was an exciting day and hope he gets his price.

I am glad you shared and let us see this amazing find!
HH
TnMtns

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

No judgement here. Although I have yet to sell any of my finds I plan to. You can only display so much and if you decide to sell some your finds you are only sharing the enjoyment of the relic. Finding something to me is the exciting part. I can take a picture of it to remember it by and frame it along with a copy of the check someone paid for it with! Congrats again and good luck.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have every md'er in Charlotte foaming at the mouth!!! Epic find and I guess I now know what my topic will be in the next club newsletter!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one fine looking button.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I dug what appears to be one of the rarest Confederate buttons out there. Hornets Nest Rifle Corp. HNRC. Only 100 men in the entire unit. Very proud to be part of this find.

As a North Carolinian (now living in VA) that is one of our holy grail finds....killer man...BANNER all day long.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I could never part with it!!.... Would be worth millions to me.... I always value my finds higher than their actual value lol.... Simply because it's mine.... Something that rare would get stored away and kept forever..... To each their own

Same, Everything I find goes to my display case or coin album for me to look at. I even put the sundial I found yesterday in it's own wooden display box. No matter how much a find is worth I will not sell it. That is just me though and take what I say with a grain of salt. Sometimes one may really need to sell their find even though it may be special...

Last edited:

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that kind of value who could blame him for selling it? I've never sold any finds but if I had found that button I would do it in a heartbeat. But as others have posted it is a personal decision-some would, some wouldn't.

Congratulations on a fantastic find

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
You rarely see one of those beauties dug - awesome recovery!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a lot of comments but the button is the star. Congrats on an unbelievable once-in-a-lifetime find.

Steve

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A AWESOME!!!! BUTTON!

I have always liked that Style (even if it was not rare) It's one of my top 5 CW Button's # 1 likely. Also love the SC snake around the tree W/ S,C on each side.

P.S, I'm not a seller of my relics , only in a True Emergency .
Way too many stories like " I wish that I never sold this or that Relic / Gun etc."

A dream find indeed.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread