What's new

Indian Artifact Finds from a June hunt in Kentucky

oberkill

Full Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
166
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I posted this in todays finds section back in the first week of June when I found these. Figured some people may have missed them so I am posting them here as well.

Had to go to Kentucky for work last week and managed to make some time to hit the fields for awhile. I mostly found broken stuff and one nice rework. I will post the finds from the first field on this post. The first two pics are the rework, then most of a stemed point and finally two tips. I couldnt identify any of the points mainly because they are broke and I still have a hard time identifying even complete points! So any help on identification would be great too.

Have fun!!

Alan
 

Attachments

  • img040.webp
    img040.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 425
  • img045.webp
    img045.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 424
  • img046.webp
    img046.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 395
  • img043.webp
    img043.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 399
  • img044.webp
    img044.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 400
  • img045.webp
    img045.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 389
  • img046.webp
    img046.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 378
  • img043.webp
    img043.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 388
  • img044.webp
    img044.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 382
  • img040.webp
    img040.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
Here are the points from the other field. I only had about 20min at this field, my friend I was with also found some decent stuff. Cant wait to get back to this one in the fall...

The first pic is a broken drill, first I have ever found! The second pic is the bottom half of a point and the third is most of a triangle shaped point.

Have fun!!
Alan
 

Attachments

  • img047.webp
    img047.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 403
  • img042.webp
    img042.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 397
  • img041.webp
    img041.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 414
  • img047.webp
    img047.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 377
  • img041.webp
    img041.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 367
  • img042.webp
    img042.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 374
In the first couple of pictures Its hard to see but does it have a flute going up the middle? and on the back side is that the 2nd picture? and does it have flute up the middle as well. Flute meaning a channel up the middle, and is the base lightly ground (basel ground)?
 
I dont know if you would call it a flute. It is flat and has the appearance of a flute but most fluted points I have seen are "indented" where the flute is. The base is lightly grounded. I will try to take a couple of pics tomorrow instead of the scan that I used here.

Alan
 
I took a couple of pics with the digital camera. I had a hard time getting a clear pic of the basal grinding but I was able to take one of each side where you can see it. The pics are washed out some due to the flash but it was the only way I could get a clear enough pic of the base.

Alan
 

Attachments

  • HPIM0691new.webp
    HPIM0691new.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 340
  • HPIM0695new.webp
    HPIM0695new.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 329

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom