What's new

Indian Artifact found? Clay Pipe? BannerStone?...help please! :)

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
6,108
Reaction score
3,817
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ya'll i tried posting this on Todays Finds...and after 3 days and not 1 comment...I thought i would give it a shot here....

Here is the link....andy help would be great..ive heard a few different ideas from buddies on youtube, but nothing confirmed

I found it in a Riverbed on a river that is loaded with fossils

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,450102.0.html
 
Upvote 0
If you could resize your photos it would make a big difference in identifying what you have. After going to the bottom of your post and using the slide bar on your photos, I can only see a portion of your find and not the whole thing. It does appear to have tally marks which would indicate that it is probably something.
 
Sorry about that. I used a 24" monitor at work, and it looked normal on there..here are the pics reduced

thanks
 

Attachments

  • pic1.webp
    pic1.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 674
  • pic2.webp
    pic2.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 931
  • pic3.webp
    pic3.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 589
  • pic4.webp
    pic4.webp
    7 KB · Views: 2,511
Your piece looks like a piece of broken clay that is river worn and stained with a design to it and not tally marks. I don't find much clay so I can't really say for sure what it is but you might be right about it being part of a pipe. It's small enough and has a bowl shape to it. Definitely not a bannerstone. Sounds like you found a good spot to hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom