What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Indian Artifact or just a rock?

Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
442
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it's probably just a rock, but the ridge on the back (pic 3) also looks like it has been workerd somewhat. Of course, I'm not an expert. What do you guys think?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20220524_100244.webp
    IMG_20220524_100244.webp
    813 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20220524_100240.webp
    IMG_20220524_100240.webp
    1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20220524_100235.webp
    IMG_20220524_100235.webp
    1 MB · Views: 112
I can see what could be mistaken as native looking at the edge, but I don’t really see flake scars and I’m leaning towards the wrong type of stone
I agree with Older the Better, to me it is the wrong kind of stone and what would be flaking is natural to me when blown up..
 
Upvote 4
Yeah, it's probably just a rock, but the ridge on the back (pic 3) also looks like it has been workerd somewhat. Of course, I'm not an expert. What do you guys think?
This is a piece of slate that has been in an alluvial setting. They are easy to mistake as relics, and may have had some purpose, but they occur naturally.
 
Upvote 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom