Patriot Relics Silver Member Joined Feb 6, 2014 Messages 3,712 Reaction score 5,634 Golden Thread 5 Location Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used CTX-3030, Deus XP II Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Mar 18, 2015 #1 Hey guys, I recovered this shaped chert from the banks of a river in Charleston, SC. The chert appears to be tooled on both sides, but does not look quite like the arrowhead I recovered a month ago. Any help is greatly appreciated! Upvote 0
Hey guys, I recovered this shaped chert from the banks of a river in Charleston, SC. The chert appears to be tooled on both sides, but does not look quite like the arrowhead I recovered a month ago. Any help is greatly appreciated!
austin Gold Member Joined Jul 9, 2012 Messages 5,399 Reaction score 3,509 Golden Thread 0 Location San Antonio, Texas Detector(s) used Garrett 250 Primary Interest: Other Mar 18, 2015 #2 Looks like a really nice scraper to me. I'm sure no expert, but I think it's a good find...
GaRebel1861 Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jun 16, 2011 Messages 6,152 Reaction score 7,991 Golden Thread 4 Location Georgia 🥇 Banner finds 4 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 18, 2015 #3 I agree with austin, It looks worked to me and is likely a tool of some kind.
Man o' War Full Member Joined Mar 15, 2014 Messages 201 Reaction score 141 Golden Thread 0 Location N.E. Oklahoma Detector(s) used Omega 8000 Primary Interest: Other Mar 18, 2015 #4 id say it's been worked a little.
Man o' War Full Member Joined Mar 15, 2014 Messages 201 Reaction score 141 Golden Thread 0 Location N.E. Oklahoma Detector(s) used Omega 8000 Primary Interest: Other Mar 18, 2015 #5 Here's my latest, just like I found it. Looks funny with the grass growing under it.
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 19, 2015 #6 Nice scraper! Tony
Patriot Relics Silver Member Joined Feb 6, 2014 Messages 3,712 Reaction score 5,634 Golden Thread 5 Location Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 5 Detector(s) used CTX-3030, Deus XP II Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Mar 19, 2015 Thread Owner #7 Thanks for the help guys!
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2015 #8 jmo but I think it is a base to a knife or a point. Broken I do believe nice material.