What's new

Indian head cents

65vanman

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
455
Reaction score
3,096
Golden Thread
0
Location
Meriden CT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab manticore/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my collection of Indian head cents. I am missing 9. Hope to find the 1877 someday. I have found the 1873 double Liberty.
IMG_20250521_222158841.webp
IMG_20250521_222217069.webp
IMG_20250521_222234016.webp
 
Upvote 22
Nice! I have the 1888, but not the 87. In fact that's my oldest Indian Head. I hope to find more.
 
GREAT collection !!! I wish mine looked as full as yours :)
 
Thats a lot of diggers in that album. Nice!
I have a habit of looking on the back when I find an IHP looking for the "s". Then, when I don't see it, I turn it over and hope to see 18 instead of 19 for the start of the date.
One time about 5 or so years ago I dug a nasty one from deep on a curb strip. Again, started on the back and sure enough....there's an "s"! Unfortunately, it's a 1908s and in badly deteriorated from moisture, and probably fertilizer, shape. But! it's the only s mint mark IHP I have.
Thanks for sharing and good luck filling in the blanks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom