What's new

Indian head pendant

coin1921

Full Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
123
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
Manitoba, Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Deus V 3.2
Bounty Hunter Water Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this pendant yesterday in a town burnt out in early 20's
On bottom left is a swastika symbol so I am thinking pre-1920's?
Stone is missing but it still has the four claws that held it
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    562.6 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 34
that is very cool i dig it. my grandma was native american so that is very cool to me. nice find
 
That's a great find!....congrats!
 
Congrats on a very nice find. Is it silver? Very nice either way
 
Very nice, that's a unique item!
 
That isn't really a swastika, is it? If so, what is this thing? Cool find one way or the other but it's got me curious
 
Cool find! Congrats and HH
 
LOOOKS TO BE A PENDANT FOR A INDIAN MOTORCYCLE , MAYBE. I THINK OLDSMOBILE HAD A SIMILAR EMBLEM .
 
As I remember the bent cross had been used by many cultures, India for one and I believe the Navajo is another. it's only bad now because it was used as the emblem of the German Nazi Party.
 
That isn't really a swastika, is it? If so, what is this thing? Cool find one way or the other but it's got me curious

Yes it is. Before Germany made it evil, it was a good luck symbol. I have tokens with it on them and the indians also considered it good luck. So it probably predates the 30's anyway. It is a unique piece. Thanks for sharing.
 
Interesting find! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom