Indian or not?? What is it??

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
Buddy of mine brought this by wanted a few other opinions of what it might really be

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
lol might be i dont have a clue he brought it in thinking he had a big money piece and would love nothing more than to smash his dreams lol... just trying to figure out if anyone has a clue what it really might be

Upvote 0

One mans trash...

Mar 29, 2009
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV
Well, it's really odd. I enhanced the photo some. It looks to me almost what you'd make as a prank for someone to dig up. Thos circles within the "ears" are really precise. And I fancy I can see inside them something that looks like propellers(?) that exhibit the bending effect that wasn't ever seen in moving objects until photography was invented. Now, of course, we take it for granted and always use it to show motion. Like the idea of cars distorted and kind of leaning forward with oblong wheels to suggest speed. Prior to photography, where the effect came from an object moving past a vertical shutter, no one would understand it.

(Or maybe it depicts an alien fan driven vehicle. Oops. Better not suggest that. Weird ideas take root too easily with some.)

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M I C.......K E Y.......What's it made of? Looks like porcelan? Monty

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kytrader007

kytrader007

May 8, 2009
Carrollton, KY
Detector(s) used
None yet
no its not porcelain, looked like some knock off marble or something.. i dont have a clue, he was here with it long enough for me to snag a few pictures and that was it... i have never seen anything like it before.. and he wouldnt tell me where he really found it.. hard to believe anything that man says anyway, but i really dont think it is anything worth anything.. maybe a childs play toy.. i dont know..

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P-cakes? One of my fellow Tnetters said they were breath mints! l'm naming no names. :wink: M ;D nty

Upvote 0

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x
My mother once came out of a porta potty and was complaining there was no water to rinse with after using "the soap" that was in the plastic "sink" next to the toilet seat. :nono: Bless her heart.

Upvote 0

searcher

Oct 4, 2004
Hill Country TEXAS
Detector(s) used
White's. Old, yellow but still waterproof!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda looks like some of the fishing net weights I have seen in the past.

What are the tattoos? They look interesting.

Upvote 0

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES - Indian - looks like limestone - and I would venture to say that its the top of a limestone pipe pre-contact period - mid-late woodland

I'll find a picture.

Upvote 0

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe i got a little ahead of myself with the pipe ID - its a little big and it doesn't appear to have borken off of the pipe body - that said - I saw one very similar to this at the native american collection in the basement of the bridgeton nj public library.

See picture of pipe here http://www.uiowa.edu/~osa/learn/ancient/groundstone.html

groundstone limestone at least - and design makes one think pipe mayeb atlatl weight or something else that wasn't just utilitarian.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread