What's new

Indian Pendant

RJ55

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2014
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
1,188
Golden Thread
0
Location
western NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was found in Burke Co. N.C.where the old Ralph Edwards tree nursery use to be in Morganton. Pretty sure it is made of soapstone. Use to find a lot of points there.


photo (149).webpphoto (150).webpphoto (151).webp
 
Upvote 0
I can't take credit for that one. My son found it when we were hunting together.
 
Now that's a sweetie! Your son sure knows how to put a whuppin' on you. I speak from experience!
 
Never mind the last question...I know where you're talking about, maybe. Now there's a baseball/other sports complex there and they've built replicas of native american dwellings, which are real cool. I asked one of the archeologists if they find any projectile points and stuff there but he said it's covered in a few inches of top soil since that area flooded a few years ago. A guy I work with has a brother who used to work at the nursery and he had found lots of points and shards there while he was working.
 
I use to work there years ago. Nothing like pulling seedlings and nice points and getting paid for it. They still farm the southern end of the property and thats where most of our finds were found.
 
That's a very cool little piece-- thanks for the show! Yakker
 
That's a really nice find, Congratulations!
 
Nice find.I really love the personal adornments .I only have one out of hundreds of artifacts.If nothing else I appreciate them for their scarceness
 
Nice artifact, congrats on the find...
 
Sweet find there! Have you washed it off to see if it is incised? Looks to be some lines on it.
 
It's my son's find. Don't know if he's ever cleaned it or not.
 
It's my son's find. Don't know if he's ever cleaned it or not.

use a soft brush on it when its wet. Just don't push hard or scrub on it. There might be some decorations on it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom