Found this large stone near Long Lake in Meeker County MN. It was covered in mud and laying in a freshly plowed corn field. It just looked odd so I picked it up. Not sure what it is but it’s a worked stone. Big and weights around 10 lbs. Is this an Indian hammer stone?
It might be. It does look worked, but Ive never see anything quite like it. Where you found it is a good indication that it could be artificial as well.
Mac, is that coastal plains material? Looking at it I don't think they would have used that type of material for a hammer stone. Looks like it would break up way too easy and fall apart.
aint fer sure what you are refering to...none of these pix on this thread are artifacts...the one i posted is just a random beach tumbled carnelian agate.
Well, I asked you if the material/rock that you posted was coastal plains material and then I responded to another post that thought the rock you are holding may be a hammer stone.