What's new

Infantry Eagle Button

cmthunder

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
854
Reaction score
2,331
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my second Eagle Infantry Button in Cecil Maryland at 1860 home site. 326F5213-9C8D-4491-811A-03A0EBDE9AED.webp4985FEC8-AB25-4147-BFCB-59C27C3DB965.webp751463B1-7584-42D0-9773-3AC5140AD865.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice find and still in pretty good shape. I used to live and hunt in Hagerstown and surrounding areas.
 
Nice find!!!
 
Cool button you got there. Congrats
 
The buttons are getting harder and harder to find and they are rotting in the ground. So I say good save and congratulations.
 
Nice find i have never found 1
 
Finished cleaning up my Button today.9E2F09F3-D267-45E1-A7F6-C0D93FE05061.webp
 
Can you read the backmark? How did you clean it?
 
As good as the front is the back is toasted can’t read anything. Two years ago at the main farm house across the street I found my first Union Infantry Button it was a Horstman and Allan NY with rays which canonballguy I’d as Officers coat button. The lot where I found this button had the same owner name as the main farm on the 1858 map.
I used aquachiggers utube recommendation soap and distilled water with soft toothbrush. Then I bought aluminum jelly on eBay it’s not sold in stores anymore. Very expensive though! Then virgin olive oil after it dried .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom