Ron Is the Ls man for sure
MIne is the same if I'm at the Ocean where the swells are large or even small...In the Calm water of the Bay the 10x14 purr's like a kitten. At the ocean If you do hit a target it will stop all the other falsing and hit the target, deep or shallow..it just takes so time to pick these signals out..And I do think you will miss a few because your use to the excal, like me. I have done a few side by side's and the infinium is the deepest detector I have, so far.....I did a post about the same thing when I did my first few hunts, and got a good answer back from John west florida
The detector is detecting the salt. Most pulse machines used to have something called a pulse delay control. I think Garrett calls this a discrimination control. By increasing the pulse delay you should be able to eliminate false signals from salt water. You may also loose sensitivity to very small gold.
This is from the Infinium owners manual:
Searching Shoreline and Shallow Surf
The Infinium LS is a highly sensitive detector and
has the capability to detect metals with only the slightest
conductivity. As a result, the Infinium LS may
also detect high concentrations of saltwater due to
its conductivity. This effect is most noticeable when
operating at the sea's shoreline and in the shallow
surf where the searchcoil is continually encountering
passing waves.
26
Increase the Discrimination setting only as needed
in order to reduce saltwater detection. Typically, a
setting of three or less is sufficient. Do not be concerned
about missing targets due to the increased
Discrimination. Rather, the stable operation achieved
with this slight increase in Discrimination will ensure
the best possible target detection for this saltwater
environment.
Or the coil could be Bad.....Good Luck...joe