What's new

Info on a thimble

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a thimble yesterday but haven't been able to find out much about the company it was made for.
It reads "Ballard's Self Rising Flour".
 

Attachments

  • thimble 2.webp
    thimble 2.webp
    64 KB · Views: 277
Go to Google books and search for Ballard's Self Rising Flour. I think you will find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
RPG said:
Go to Google books and search for Ballard's Self Rising Flour. I think you will find what you are looking for. :thumbsup:
I didn't find the info I was looking for in GoogleBooks but I did find this using just Google:

Ballard and Ballard Company, also known as Ballar's Obelisk Flour and Ballard Mills, was founded by Samuel Thruston Ballard and Charles T. Ballard in Louisville, Kentucky in 1880. Ballard and Ballard was purchased by the Pillsbury Company in 1951.

Thanks for the lead.
 
Upvote 0
"Ballard and Ballard Company, also known as Ballar's Obelisk Flour and Ballard Mills, was founded by Samuel Thruston Ballard and Charles T. Ballard in Louisville, Kentucky in 1880. Ballard and Ballard was purchased by the Pillsbury Company in 1951."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

"Ballard and Ballard "invented" easy bake instant oven biscuit mix - at one time they were the largest grain millery on earth."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

One on ebay:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED USMC dog tag
Replies
7
Views
580
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom