Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the other buttons. What about the Rock Island button is this a collectable?

Attachments

• Button a 3.jpg
    Button a 3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 264

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I believe some of the Eagle buttons are from the civil war era. I don't know much about them, but here's a link to a site that might be of some interest to you:
http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/buttons.htm

You may be able to find one of your button there to compare to, or maybe get some info from the site...
I'd say most of them do have somekind of value to collectors...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
The backmark on the eagle buttons in the top pic should read "J. H. Wilson..." James H. Wilson was a Philadelphia button mfgr. from about 1873 until the early 1900's.

The "button" with a stem is actually the wick/flame adjuster from an old kerosene lamp burner. Here's a link to a similar one dated 1865:

http://www.pastmart.com/dealers/items/61.html

The Patriarchs Militant are the uniform rank (parade order) of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows fraternal organization. This button probably also dates from the late 19th to early 20th century.

The Rock Island Line railroad button is c. 1912.

In the bottom pic, the crossed rifles item is a U.S. Army Infantry collar disk issued sometime during or not long after WWI.

The large eagle button next to the collar disk is a U.S. Army "Great Seal" general service button, 1902 or later.

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replys and information. I need to rest for tomarrow. I will be hunting for two people at once never done that before.
Thanks again everyone. Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread