What's new

Info on Classic 5 ID

goodguystu

Greenie
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
York,SC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V
Anyone have any experience or knowledge about the Whites \classic 5 ID detector? Looking for another unit, this falls within my current price range. How good (or bad) is this detector, any feedback appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance.
 
havent used the classic 5 id, but have used the original classic id, as afr as i know same machine but the 5id operates at 8.? khz where the original was 6.59, so it should be a little more sensitive to gold, great machine, whites is getting ready to release a small DD shooter coil that will work on the 5 and prizms, the original id,idx idx pros will run with just about any thing, great in the trash, just doesnt have all the bells and whistles, and can be modified by surfscanners
 
I have a White's 5ID. It is a little older (2005), and so it has the older coil on it.
I have had good luck with it. It is still my backup machine.

What I didn't care for much was how it acted in difficult ground. It seemed to get much shallower in highly mineralized ground. But, I think most detectors, especially in that price range would. It worked wonders in parks, grass etc., anywhere that wasn't really nasty. Found enough with it to get me hooked on the hobby for life!

I have a Minelab Quattro now, and it does a better job, but the price is much higher too.

If I was shopping for a detector in that price range I'd get the 5ID all over again.

Good Luck,
Mark
 
mpostma have you checked with bill at surfscanners if they can add the gb, with the threshold and added sencitivity to the id-5, they new stock coils on them do look sweet
 
Thompy,
I confess I haven't thought much about my White's since I started finding so much with my Quattro.
That is a good idea, thanks, I will have to look into it while I have so much butt time in the snow.

Staying warm up there? Our weather been sucking plenty, but I think it looks better than yours!

Thanks,
Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom