What's new

Info on rifle headstamp please?

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
1,541
Reaction score
2,553
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really know why, perhaps where I dug it was different - I think it's a 30.06, but kinda grungy.

06 shell 003.webp
06 shell 003 - Copy.webp
06 shell 002.webp
06 shell 004.webp

Just curious - thanks!
 
REM-UMC 30-06 SPRG

REM = Remington
UMC = Union Metallic Cartridge Company
SPRG = Springfield (Arms Manufacturer)
30-06 = 30 caliber round of 1906

Remington and UMC merged in 1912 and thus REM-UMC shells can date from 1912-1960 according to most cartridge sites.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Renington 30-06 springfield,,do you have any other questions?
 
Upvote 0
Thank you all - just more letters on it than I'm used to seeing
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom