What's new

INFORMED OF NEW CREDIT UNION PRACTICE ?

ROMEX

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Binghamton NY AREA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE,FISHER F-75, Whites DFX, BH TR550-D
I went and dumped 1k in halves to my CU, and the teller said that she had to put them through my account as a {currency transaction}. ???
I said that's the first time anyone has done that,I was told its a new practice invoked last week ???. Does anyone have an idea what they are keeping track of?
Wondering, has anyone else had this said to them?

ROMEX
 
Upvote 0
No I havent I cashed out 4k worth of halves yesterday and they paid me in paper .... it might depend up the CU ...the one I use only has 2 or 3 branchs.. anyways that is a bummer Romex sorry to hear that , Ed
 
I don't believe it's any big brother / black helicopter thing. Just an accounting thing to balance the dwar. I always have to give them my account number at the credit union's and if I don't have an account with them I don't get to buy their halves.

Mojo
 
Today,
I went to another CU branch and there was nothing mentioned about a currency exchange as in the other branch. The receipt didn't even have it stated as before,I'm thinking that the teller wanted to make me think there WATCHING.


ROMEX :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom