Inherited Atocha Dinner Plate - Need Help With Authenticating

dbrite111

Apr 16, 2022
My brother in law recently passed and had quite a collection of old artifacts. He purchased an Atocha dinner plate about 30 years ago although we cannot find the COA from Mel Fisher. We are looking to sell it but would like to authenticate from a reputable service first. Any guidance on what to do from here so we can sell the artifact would be appreciated!

Attachments

• EC072572-A46F-4ECF-A2EA-73D2B7EFCC9E.jpeg
    EC072572-A46F-4ECF-A2EA-73D2B7EFCC9E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 166
Upvote 4

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If it was part of the recoveries from the MF team they might still have the recorded sales of the artifacts such as this one.
Have you reached out to the Mel Fisher corporation yet?

OP
OP
D

dbrite111

Apr 16, 2022
If it was part of the recoveries from the MF team they might still have the recorded sales of the artifacts such as this one.
Have you reached out to the Mel Fisher corporation yet?
I have but only within the last day so haven’t heard back from them. I hope they are open to it. Thanks!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have but only within the last day so haven’t heard back from them. I hope they are open to it. Thanks!
I would assume that they have every artifact fully recorded for providence.
The recorded sale would be there also.
It's just a matter of looking

Reactions: ARC

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother in law recently passed and had quite a collection of old artifacts. He purchased an Atocha dinner plate about 30 years ago although we cannot find the COA from Mel Fisher. We are looking to sell it but would like to authenticate from a reputable service first. Any guidance on what to do from here so we can sell the artifact would be appreciated!
Cool !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread