What's new

Inherited Graphite art from Pennsylvania * Art Experts needed *

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
These were inherited from my wife's grandmother from Pennsylvania. There are 5 pieces done by the same artist. They are quite unique. All of a farm scene at night. We removed one to search the back and it says Bainbridge Illustration Board. Looking at all of them they depict barns, old hay rake, old hay wagon pulled by horses. and all show power lines and poles. Almost like invention of electric is dating these scenes. The hay rake and wagon carrying people dressed for winter with bits of snow as well. The dogs squirrel and rabbit also being added to the scenes. We own one of them. The other ones have been handed down to the rest of my wife's siblings. I have been trying to find an artist of these for over 15 years on and off searching. I have had huge success solving my posts here on the forum. Maybe even refer me to a reputable art expert? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC08221.webp
    DSC08221.webp
    223.3 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC08220.webp
    DSC08220.webp
    461.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC08223.webp
    DSC08223.webp
    514.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC08222.webp
    DSC08222.webp
    211.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Like
Reactions: Fat
The picture with the farm, dogs and rabbit is our original picture. The others have been professionally copied from the other four so we all have copies. They all hang on our wall. My sister n law says she could not find any names. Since I do not have the other four I cannot look at them.
 
Responding late on this, but, I'd say likely regionalist or WPA(Works Progress Administration/New Deal era) works...1930s-1940s. They're very nicely done. A fine inheritance.
 
Responding late on this, but, I'd say likely regionalist or WPA(Works Progress Administration/New Deal era) works...1930s-1940s. They're very nicely done. A fine inheritance.
Responding late on this, but, I'd say likely regionalist or WPA(Works Progress Administration/New Deal era) works...1930s-1940s. They're very nicely done. A fine inheritance.
Jarl, thank you very much to help in identity. I will look that info up for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom