Inherited marbles --- can you help me Identify them?

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Took the best pics I could. I think they turned out well. I got these marbles from my wifes grandfather who was born at the turn of the century. He collected all sorts of stuff, and I am proud to hold his marble collection. Let me know what you think, thanks :wink:

Attachments

• m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 590
  • m4.JPG
    m4.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 512
  • m6.JPG
    m6.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 494
  • m7.JPG
    m7.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 503
  • m8.JPG
    m8.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 543
  • m9.JPG
    m9.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 479
  • m10.JPG
    m10.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 566

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
1st pic---can you take another pic of the group to the top...looks good but cant tell.the cateyes in the middle and bottom 3 groups are commonn and i see peltier and vitro...2--i see marble king and peltier...there may be some muddies and inkies by peltier in that group 3rd front marble is a pelt rainbo///match that one up with the other ones in your bunch..4th...common cleries...5th maybe master brushed patches in that group...look for a u shaped seam...6th clearies and maybe master patches...7th the mib to the left with the prominate v is a vitro tiger eye...the middle looks like a akro patch..to the left maybe mf christensen.....nice group but not to valuable...maybe 25.00.....or more on ebay...the pictures sell the marbles....

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Value differs accordingly..

I agree the whole lot might sell on Ebay for twenty five bucks. That's reality. But I am in the process of excavating 40,000lbs of sand,rocks and boulders just outside my desert ghost town of Trona,Ca hunting for antique marbles. The first 10,000lbs have resulted in finding four marbles the nicest of which is a Vitro Agate Co helmet marble. That's four marbles and five days' work in 116F heat during hurricane-force sandstorms. Who would do this but a nut or someone getting far more from the effort than monetary reward? Were I you I would not sell the marbles. I would keep them.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thats kewl marble guy....i dig at marble factories and got many experimentals...and rare and valuable marbles from these dig sites..at one time i had 35- 5 gallon buckets of marbles...unsearched ,that i had dug....its fun for me to trade and sell, the comradrie of the marbles shows is not just for the cash.....its the knowledge you obtain by sittin around in hotel rooms for hours talkin marbles....its great that you dont want to sell any and thats your fun...you oughta go to the las vegas show and get to know some of these folks...i prob give away as many marbles that i sell...its my hobby....i enjoy diggin and findin em...at flea mkts yard sales ......pm me your address...ill send ya some....its great fun!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread