What's new

Integrity in Detector sales

There are laws to protect business owners from things like this. Search: cyber squatting
 
This is interesting to read the thoughts on what is and what isn't proper in the minds of some folks here regarding business. However, let me point out that this is BUSINESS and not some personal moral dilemma. There is a definite difference and those that forget that fact are making a mistake in their evaluation of this thread subject, in my opinion. What is the difference in what Kellyco has done here as indicated, and in the pre internet days when an appliance store in the city had a big sale and his competitor paid people to hand out fliers on that same city block indicating that their prices were cheaper and pointing out that fact very clearly? Now, I've dealt with Bart, liked Bart and purchased an MD from him, as I've dealt with flphil on another purchase and found Phil to be an extremely honest dealer. I like Bart, but business is business and I see nothing wrong with what Kellyco has done here. Like GigH stated, if I was redirected and didn't want to be, I'd then go and find the correct URL and contact Bart. Business is, and always has been, very competitive. It is up to the business owner to stay on top of his own business and what his competition is up to and then to stay ahead of his competition however he has to or can.

I think the original post is much ado about... well, you know. I find it disturbing that some people think it's ok for business to act in ways that would not be moral for the individual consumer.

I've read about people coming home and finding their stuff out on the street or gone. The bank foreclosed on the wrong house or the clean out company gets an address wrong. In one case the bank offered the owners $8,000. SERIOUSLY?!?! It's just business.

Debt buyers dunning the wrong people and posting it on their credit reports. Just business.

Car makers selling cars they know to be defective. Just business.

Insurance companies refusing initial medical claims because most people will not even challenge it. It saves them literally millions of dollars a year. Just business.

The insurance companies who raked in billions of profit, then cancelled policies and pulled out of a state after a natural disaster. Just business.

Tobacco companies. Just business.

[/END RANT]
 
Add my favorite rant to your rant list, insurance companies that base your premium off your credit score, even folks driving for 3 decades with no tickets or wrecks, pay more than a drunk with multiple dui's providing their score is low enough, but hey its just business.
Or
Mortgage companies that give home loans to people they know cannot afford it, but hey its just business.

Mike
 
Add my favorite rant to your rant list, insurance companies that base your premium off your credit score, even folks driving for 3 decades with no tickets or wrecks, pay more than a drunk with multiple dui's providing their score is low enough, but hey its just business.
Or
Mortgage companies that give home loans to people they know cannot afford it, but hey its just business.

Mike

Oh heck, the list could go on and on. You want to talk about a huge one was when the crash hit in 2008. People had HUGE credit limits. Well, a large part of your credit score comes from your debt to available credit limit utilization. Credit card companies slashed limits and even closed people's account when they still owed balances.

Millions of people's credit scores immediately in the toilet. Like you said, so many different things are tied to your score. That was a gang rape of epic proportions.

But hey, it's just business, right?
 
Last edited:
It may be the "nature of the web", but still an underhanded move. Competition is a good thing when all is aboveboard. In this case I think it falls below the level of what I would consider ethical. As we are all entitled to our own opinion, I personally feel the offender fell way down on my list as a company I would trust enough to do business with. Sometimes just doing things the right way is the best way. Just my 2 cents.:nono:

Perfectly stated. I agree 100%.
 
As far as the original question Kellyco is using BigBoyHobbies name. If it is copyrighted it would seem to be an infringement issue for the attorneys.

However many times in the legal world it is not who is right or wrong but rather who has the deepest pockets for litigation. If Bart is concerned then
he should consult an attorney about seeking an injunction.
 
There are laws to protect business owners from things like this. Search: cyber squatting

yep, been through it.
bart 'may' be able to do something about it with a well written attorney's letter...
 
Bart will personally accept phone calls on Sundays! I doubt KellyCo will ever do the same. Always take the time to touch a few extra keys to arrive at BBH.
Peace...
 
I love how society says, everyone is slimy so it is just the way it is. Wrong is wrong. Slimy is slimy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom