jim4silver
Silver Member
Went through a box of halves I picked up yesterday and it did have 3-40%ers. They were very grubby looking compared to what else I found.
The interesting part is it also had many BU halves of various years, as if someone's collection got dumped. I saved the handful of 1987 coins, mix of P and D that were in there. There were several clad proofs that were not worth saving. Also many nice BU early 70's era clad that I will save.
Perhaps another CRHer got tired of holding them and dumped them. I did that a year or so ago with similar coins and at first thought these could be mine coming back, but the 1987 coins I found were in great shape and the ones I dumped didn't look so good, so I don't think they were mine.
I threw back all the 2002-present NIFCs because I see those alot anyway. At first when I started finding the BU coins I thought there would be more silver, because when I first started CRHing a few years ago ,I found a box or two like this that also had great looking 64's and 65-70 Kens that were part of the dumped collection. But not this time.
One odd thing is that there were very few marked coins, which in my area is uncommon. Usually every box is filled with marked coins with multiple markings. I only saw about 20 or so marked coins in the whole box.
Jim
The interesting part is it also had many BU halves of various years, as if someone's collection got dumped. I saved the handful of 1987 coins, mix of P and D that were in there. There were several clad proofs that were not worth saving. Also many nice BU early 70's era clad that I will save.
Perhaps another CRHer got tired of holding them and dumped them. I did that a year or so ago with similar coins and at first thought these could be mine coming back, but the 1987 coins I found were in great shape and the ones I dumped didn't look so good, so I don't think they were mine.
I threw back all the 2002-present NIFCs because I see those alot anyway. At first when I started finding the BU coins I thought there would be more silver, because when I first started CRHing a few years ago ,I found a box or two like this that also had great looking 64's and 65-70 Kens that were part of the dumped collection. But not this time.
One odd thing is that there were very few marked coins, which in my area is uncommon. Usually every box is filled with marked coins with multiple markings. I only saw about 20 or so marked coins in the whole box.
Jim
Upvote
0








